• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2022

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think "genius" in his case doesnt carry any qualification.
If we are looking solely at cricket then I would agree; although he did arrive for a game at the Ageas Bowl a few minutes before the teams had to be announced and was very clearly nursing a storm force hangover.

Colesman Ballz

.Losing 3 wickets in 70 balls without scoring a single run, only England could do that !

A bruised Stokes and Bairstow do fight back so far adding 99 without further loss. 👋

manc grecian

I want ginger hair too!

Alistair20000

I stopped watching at 36-4. Top order blown away yet again.

Dreaded looking at Cricinfo this morning but.......

Great fight back from Stokes, Wood and especially Bairstow. (y)

Colesman Ballz

England reach 122 for 3 at lunch on day 5, Crawley having fallen for 77. Root and Stokes at the crease, and still a potential 63 more overs to negotiate, for England's walking wounded ! :unsure:

crocks

Some fight and grit from the England players. As was said on commentary, its only cricket where you get so excited about a draw!

Avening Posse

I would say the last 10-15 overs was better than any 20:20 game could ever produce in terms of drama

Alistair20000

Had to give up for sleep when we about 196-4 so missed the great escape.

I had been watching a Dunkirk documentary prior to the start and there are interesting parallels:

Help from the weather

Enemy/Opposition error. Shrines batting far longer than necessary before declaring, dropped catches and missed run out. Compare Hitler’s odd halt the attack order.

Individual heroics. A couple of half centuries from Ben Stokes despite carrying an injury, Bairstow’s century, Crawley’s bold knock, Jack Leach excellent towards the end. Makes up for his dopey shot in the first innings when his job should have been to stay in for Bairstow. Then the old sweats Broad and Anderson seeing out the last couple of overs.

Good work to save this match but we should not get carried away. We had some luck. This tour has otherwise been an utterly humiliating disaster.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Didn't think they had it in them to bat out the day. It must be a while since we've done that, so well done.

Then the old sweats Broad and Anderson seeing out the last couple of overs.
Must have given them considerable satisfaction, after receiving some short stuff this series from the Aussie quicks.

Rosencrantz

Had to give up for sleep when we about 196-4 so missed the great escape.

I had been watching a Dunkirk documentary prior to the start and there are interesting parallels:

Help from the weather

Enemy/Opposition error. Shrines batting far longer than necessary before declaring, dropped catches and missed run out. Compare Hitler’s odd halt the attack order.

Individual heroics. A couple of half centuries from Ben Stokes despite carrying an injury, Bairstow’s century, Crawley’s bold knock, Jack Leach excellent towards the end. Makes up for his dopey shot in the first innings when his job should have been to stay in for Bairstow. Then the old sweats Broad and Anderson seeing out the last couple of overs.

Good work to save this match but we should not get carried away. We had some luck. This tour has otherwise been an utterly humiliating disaster.
Can you watch an El Alamein documentary next time, we might win 😉.