• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
75-1 following on with Ben Green stumped. A bit of the old long handle being employed as Cydermen scoring at nearly 6 an over.

Love the name of the Lancs bowler: Blatherwick

Last edited:

manc grecian

Oh lanky lanky!

Grecian2K

Oh lanky lanky!
Does seem like a very tall order for the Ciderboys to pluck this one out of the Taunton orchard.

Alistair20000

Three wickets in a cluster including a second 🦆 from Tom Abell throttled what was a decent recovery. Both Tom Lammonby and Azhar Ali seemed to lose a bit of concentration having got their century and half century respectively and both got out.

Colesman Ballz

Another defeat, before lunch on the third day. Somerset not only already "on the beach", but having plenty of sand kicked in their faces ! Lessons need to be learnt and maybe some drastic action taken ?

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well, we didn't lose by an innings this time. Things are looking up.

Alistair20000

Another defeat, before lunch on the third day. Somerset not only already "on the beach", but having plenty of sand kicked in their faces ! Lessons need to be learnt and maybe some drastic action taken ?
I was listening to the commentary of the wireless driving up to Dorchester today when James Hildreth got out to a poor shot and soon after Lewis Goldsworthy was LBW playing back instead of forward. That finally snuffed out any hope of Somerset setting Lancs a proper target.

The excellent Anthony Gibson pointed out that James Hildreth has been averaging in the low 20’s in red ball cricket in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021 and might now retire. Big shame if he goes out on such a low.

Just the T20 to fight for now.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I see the Notts skipper used terms like "result pitch" and "unacceptable for a first-class game" about the wicket at the Ageas. Whether it's sour grapes or not, I couldn't say. I doubt if Hants need to worry. It's only Somerset who get their collars felt for things like that! ;)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The excellent Anthony Gibson pointed out that James Hildreth has been averaging in the low 20’s in red ball cricket in each of 2019, 2020 and 2021 and might now retire. Big shame if he goes out on such a low.
It certainly would be.

Alistair20000

I see the Notts skipper used terms like "result pitch" and "unacceptable for a first-class game" about the wicket at the Ageas. Whether it's sour grapes or not, I couldn't say. I doubt if Hants need to worry. It's only Somerset who get their collars felt for things like that! ;)
The pitch was not easy to bat on but that is fairly common at this time of the year with 10:30 starts and tired squares. Several dismissals were down to poor technique and shot selection.......on both sides. There were even less runs scored in the Yaaarkshire v Warwicks match at Headingley.

Moaning Mullaney might have focused rather more on his fielders dropping 5 catches in the Hampshire first innings which allowed Hampshire to post many more runs than they should have made. Having dumped Notts out of the T20 and dented their chances in the Championship Notts are probably a bit fed up of Hampshire at present. :)

It will be interesting to see what pitch Notts serve up for theIR last game against Yaaarkshire next week.

With four sides still in contention I anticipate some "Sporting" pitches next week.