• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
A tense finish building up with the Welsh on 143 for 7 with seven overs remaining.
Tighter than the proverbial duck's ar$e in the end, but a win is a win ! :)

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Bad news about Ben Stokes. Hope he makes a full recovery.

Been a turbulent few years for the guy, with extreme highs and lows. Hoping he can find peace and happiness.

Alistair20000

I see Craig Overton is replacing Ben Stokes in the Test squad.

Colesman Ballz

I see Craig Overton is replacing Ben Stokes in the Test squad.
More drinks duties ? 😎

Alistair20000

More drinks duties ? 😎
Possibly but at least I think it might mean he leaves the wretched Hundred competition.

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
The Hundred looks like it's here to stay Al.

I wasn't excited by it, but it has been a success.

Think of it like your friendly French Europhile. You've already made your mind up, but there's a chance of cheese and wine...

Alistair20000

Another win for Somerset in their defence of the Royal London. The rain came just before the game was due to start and was torrential leaving standing water on parts of the outfield. Fortunately the sun came out and with a lengthy mopping up exercise the match got underway some four and a half hours after the scheduled start but reduced to 20 overs a side. Some daft batting from the Yaaarkshire top order left them 66-4 after 10 overs but they fought their way to 158 which I reckon was 15/20 short of par. Excellent bowling by Goldsworthy who conceded only 17 runs from his four overs. James Hildreth led the chase with some brutal hitting after the rookies Young and Rew had got a bit bogged down. The visitors put down 4 catches which made life easier for the Cidermen.

Rosencrantz

Exciting game between the two strugglers London Spirit and Southern Brave at Lord's. Excellent death bowling by Tymal Mills and Chris Jordan seeing the Southern Brave home by four runs with the help of some smart wicket keeping from Quinton De Kock.

Alistair20000

Exciting game between the two strugglers London Spirit and Southern Brave at Lord's. Excellent death bowling by Tymal Mills and Chris Jordan seeing the Southern Brave home by four runs with the help of some smart wicket keeping from Quinton De Kock.
Meh

Rosencrantz

I was thinking of you when having to get through KP and Darren Sammy "commentating" on the finish 😉.

Big crowd and good game though which is what the ECB wants. It's what the T20 Blast should have been and that's the ECB and Counties fault for trying to milk it through the season and losing its excitement of quality overseas players coming in for a quick sharp tournament with a lot of momentum.