• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Bridgy 81

I was born about 200 yards from the County Ground in Taunton and lived there until I was 20.
I then moved approximately 200 yards further away for another 5 years or so.
I remember when Somerset CCC had to hold greyhound racing around the pitch twice a week to survive financially. People used to park by our house then take their dogs out of their cars and over to the ground.
I used to walk our dog (West Highland White Terrier - not very fast) along the River Tone behind the ground and I once found a ball floating in the river. Probably hit there by Viv or Beefy. Either way I sold it for a fiver when the Multi Coloured Swap Shop came to town.
I used to sneak in, without paying, after school and remember seeing the touring Australians in the early 70s and got the autographs of Dennis Lillee, Doug Walters and Greg Chappell.
I also remember watching some county games. I got Kent’s Mike Denness’ autograph, but when I asked Dennis Underwood for his, he told me to F*** Off!
Not really relevant to this thread I know, but I thought I’d let you know.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
I also remember watching some county games. I got Kent’s Mike Denness’ autograph, but when I asked Dennis Underwood for his, he told me to F*** Off!
Perhaps it was because you called him Dennis! ;)

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Cidermen is trouble against the Welsh. 50/5 between the showers at the County Ground :(

Alistair20000

when I asked Dennis Underwood for his, he told me to F*** Off!
Deadly never really looked a happy bunny.

Colesman Ballz

Cidermen is trouble against the Welsh. 50/5 between the showers at the County Ground :(
Goldsworthy 41, and Green 87 effect a recovery allowing the Ciderbauys to reach 180-7 in their reduced allocation of 37 overs.

Bridgy 81

Perhaps it was because you called him Dennis! ;)
Well spotted 🤭
I meant to type Derek but my brain couldn’t have been linked to my fingers after I’d just typed Denness!

Colesman Ballz

Goldsworthy 41, and Green 87 effect a recovery allowing the Ciderbauys to reach 180-7 in their reduced allocation of 37 overs.
A tense finish building up with the Welsh on 143 for 7 with seven overs remaining.

Alistair20000

A tense finish building up with the Welsh on 143 for 7 with seven overs remaining.
Some daft batting from the Welsh giving Somerset a chance. 8 down now.

Alistair20000

Cidermen win by 1 run. (y)

I had intended to go up for this one but after the rain delayed start, the early Somerset collapse and the threat of more rain I decided to follow it on the live streaming instead.

Great to see young players such as Sonny Baker, Lewis Goldsworthy and Ben Green making such an impact.

Excellent cricket.

Stuff The Hundred.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fine result after being 49 for 5. Very good experience for the young players to win the game in a tight finish like that.