• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
A bit unfair on David Payne there RP. He is quite brisk but tends to do better in the white ball gigs. Bit of a thorn in the side of Sorry IIRC. 2015 Royal London final and his final over ? ;) How your boys made a Horlicks of that run chase. 🤦‍♂️

As regards the current match, that fine old yeoman of the Surrey shire may well get your boys to a decent total.
Yes Payne still gives nightmares...

Just like Ramps and then Sagakara did for years, old man Amla is going to have to be the backbone of the batting whilst the rest produce the odd quick fire 30 at best

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yes Payne still gives nightmares...

Just like Ramps and then Sagakara did for years, old man Amla is going to have to be the backbone of the batting whilst the rest produce the odd quick fire 30 at best
I was rather hoping Hampshire would sign on Amla again but perhaps Surrey have more cash to offer. I do have somewhat mixed feelings about these mercenaries keeping home gown players out mind.

Alistair20000

Cidermen under the cosh a bit at Lord's with a century from Sam Robson but not much from the others. Have just got a 4th wicket. Middlesex 197-4.

Sorry 196-8 at Bristol

Hants 288-3 at Grace Road with an 80 ball century James Vince. 17 fours and 2 sixes.

sign of the chimes

Have been watching some of the live coverage from Grace Road this afternoon (the ECB should take the opportunity to rebrand this as ByeFollow).

James Vince looks in good nick, albeit against a pretty pedestrian Leicestershire attack; ably supported by Tom Alsop - both have just made it to unbeaten centuries ahead of the tea break.

I see Sam Robson is holding the Middlesex innings together against Somerset. It doesn't seem like seven years ago that Robson had his run in the test side - time flies.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Cidermen under the cosh a bit at Lord's with a century from Sam Robson but not much from the others.
Familiar scenario. England reject takes it out on Somerset! ;)

Alistair20000

Familiar scenario. England reject takes it out on Somerset! ;)
Yep. :(

Alistair20000

I see Sam Robson is holding the Middlesex innings together against Somerset. It doesn't seem like seven years ago that Robson had his run in the test side - time flies.
I had to Google that as I thought you must be wrong but it was indeed 2014. Scary.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
First point of the season, thanks to Jamie O. Pathetic start frankly.

Alistair20000

First point of the season, thanks to Jamie O. Pathetic start frankly.
Jamie Overton playing for Surrey just seems so wrong. :mad:

Match delayed by rain now. :(

Alistair20000

Cidermen clawing their way back into it. Middlesex now 263-7 with Robson just departed for 165. Quite remarkable.