• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Most disappointing thing was the lack of pride in not giving your wicket up - lack of basic application - Lawrence aside who looks a decent prospect and obviously values his wicket
When I used to play this great game I never used to give my wicket away and used to cherish every run
Always said batting is 70% application and 30% ability
I too have emptied a few grounds in my time. Like Mr. Doz, I used to cherish every run, mainly because the singles came along so infrequently.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
You are Geoffrey Boycott and I claim my £5
Are you insinuating that he used to run his teammates out Al ? 😎

Grecian2K

Even worse, is Al insinuating that he's a Yorkshireman? :eek:
(Sorry Legohead. Couldn't resist!)

Alistair20000

On reflection and bearing in mind what G2K has posted I have to accept that my remark were improper and a fulsome apology is due to Mr Rugby Posts

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
I too have emptied a few grounds in my time. Like Mr. Doz, I used to cherish every run, mainly because the singles came along so infrequently.
Good Man every run was precious

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
On reflection and bearing in mind what G2K has posted I have to accept that my remark were improper and a fulsome apology is due to Mr Rugby Posts
Ee By Gum - No apology necessary - Just off out to walk me whippet but cant find me flat cap

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ee By Gum - No apology necessary - Just off out to walk me whippet but cant find me flat cap
Reminds me of a comment from a southern-based English rugby player in the late 80s about northern bias in team selection - that without a flat 'at and pigeon sh*t on your shoulders, you'd got no chance of being picked for England.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thumpingly dominant win for the crash, bang, wallop England side today. Made India look very ordinary.

Mind you we said that after the first test!

Rosencrantz

Thumpingly dominant win for the crash, bang, wallop England side today. Made India look very ordinary.

Nice to see it played in front of a fairly packed stadium. Of course, the way the game went it was a pretty quiet crowd.

Colesman Ballz

Brought back to earth with a sickening bump with a tepid display in game two ! :(