Cricket 2021

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
1960's style test cricket at the Ageas with NZ crabbing along at less than 2 runs an over.

Match ruined by the wretched mid summer weather of course

Alistair20000

India effectively 98-5 in the second innings and on the ropes at the Ageas in the extra day. Could this rain ravaged match yet produce a positive result ?

T20 international at Cardiff tonight against Sri Lanka clashing with the Cidermen visiting the Oval. Sorry are greatly weakened by England call ups and some injuries and are drafting in old farts such as Amla, Batty, Dernbach and Rikki Clarke. Who said T20 was for young players ? A chance to get up the Group table a bit here.

I have tickets to the T20 International on Saturday at the Ageas which will be my first cricket in a ground since 2019 unless before then I get drawn out of the hat for Somerset v Hampshire on Friday night at the County Ground.

Just need the shitty weather to feck orf now.

Alistair20000

Comfortable win for the Cidermen over Sorry. Jack Leach played (first T20 game, it seems) and had good figures.
Craig Overton and Max Waller very good too restricting Sorry to a below par score.

Hildreth superb in the chase on a slightly tricky pitch where you needed to get in before trying to go big. Will Smeed also excellent.

When Jamie Overton is coming in at 5 and with Burns to follow you know Sorry are light on T20 batsmen and you must cash in.

Delighted to have got tickets for Friday night at the County Ground.