• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2021

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hold the front page!!!

Middle-order-men (or "batters"??) Davies and Overton steer Somerset to a first batting bonus point.

Let joy be unconfined about this unprecedented news.

Alistair20000

Hold the front page!!!

Middle-order-men (or "batters"??) Davies and Overton steer Somerset to a first batting bonus point.

Let joy be unconfined about this unprecedented news.
As I said, same old Somerset. :)

Alistair20000

Aye, social distancing has been going on in crowds at County Cricket for years.

Hants 170-odd for 4 against Middlesex. Caught an hour or so earlier on and Roland-Jones, Finn and Bamber were unsurprisingly a tougher proposition than anything Leicestershire had to offer.

Essex all out for <100 at Chelmsford.
Hants 202-6 at tea. Too many batsmen getting in and then getting themselves needlessly out. Vince's off stump vulnerability lets him down again. Middlesex seam attack is pretty decent.

sign of the chimes

Hants 202-6 at tea. Too many batsmen getting in and then getting themselves needlessly out. Vince's off stump vulnerability lets him down again. Middlesex seam attack is pretty decent.
Yep, our batting line up is pretty thin, particularly up against accurate attacks. The fact we've got an all-rounder opening the batting at the moment is a pretty good indication of where we're at.

Northeast just gone, so unless Abbott can make some runs, we'll struggle to get the second batting point. That said, it's pretty overcast in Pompey at the moment so, assuming it's the same at West End, an hour or so at their top-order this evening might not be such a bad thing.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another batting point for the Cidermen. 7 wickets down.

Colesman Ballz

I hadn't realised how the Cidermen's points deduction had come about, before listening to todays commentary. The pitch in that final match had not been "reported" by the match officials, but rather by Essex, AFTER they had won the game ! I am therefore delighted that the feckers got skittled in their own backyard today ! :)

Alistair20000

Group 2 round up.

3 batting points (bliss) for the Cidermen and 300+ on the board. With their excellent bowling attack they are well placed to beat Gloucs I think.

Middlesex may have just shaded it at the Ageas as several Hampshire batsmen got out to poor shots. Pitch looks slow so fast scoring may be difficult.

Leics have frustrated Surrey with lots of stoppages in between. Surrey need early wickets in the morning. Beating Leics is a must in this Group.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Group 2 round up.

3 batting points (bliss) for the Cidermen and 300+ on the board. With their excellent bowling attack they are well placed to beat Gloucs I think.

Middlesex may have just shaded it at the Ageas as several Hampshire batsmen got out to poor shots. Pitch looks slow so fast scoring may be difficult.

Leics have frustrated Surrey with lots of stoppages in between. Surrey need early wickets in the morning. Beating Leics is a must in this Group.
Another woeful day. Yes it's cold and no doubt another lifeless Oval featherbed prepared by the hopeless groundsman, but still. Leics in a good position. And where is Topley, and why is Kemar Roach suddenly playing? Season is a mess already, no doubt concentrating on the Blast.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The pitch in that final match had not been "reported" by the match officials, but rather by Essex
Did they now? Let's hope we can repay the compliment one day! Strange to look back to 1978, when much was made of the fact that we were the only two counties never to have won a trophy. I'm afraid the barstewards have left us behind since then.

Last edited:

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, get stuck into them from the word go tomorrow. Not a bad day in the end.