• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is anyone aware of this happening in South Africa

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/53307736

**Ali, you might want to pour a stiff drink and sit down before reading 😉
Ha ha. Good advice Rosie

Looks as much a crock of sh*te as the wretched Hundred; maybe worse.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
It gets worse! I favour Anarchic Cricket myself. Hit any ball you like......Bowl at any wicket you like......The Mad Hatter umpiring......🙄

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Archer receives fine and written warning.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
WI lose four early wickets then start to recover.

Rosencrantz

51 overs left so still a long way to go. Maybe batted a bit too long as not many overs available with the second new ball which mopped the WI's up last night. This seems to be the period when missing the extra pace of Jofra might be costly. A lot will depend on Broad's second spell and breaking this partnership.

Rosencrantz

An absorbing days play. Great win for England after losing a day. After a great start with the new ball, they remained patient and kept chipping away. Stokes wicket of Blackwood to break up the fifth wicket partnership was probably the key moment of the day. Great catch by Pope to clinch the victory. It just shows the importance of first innings runs on the board.

Sets it up nicely for the decider. I would expect more fast bowler rotation with at least one of Archer or Wood coming in.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Good positive approach - positive declaration - impressed with Devon Bauy Dom Bess he got a bit of stick but kept flighting the ball instead of bowling flat - excellent ball to get rid of Holder - Well played England

Alistair20000

An absorbing days play. Great win for England after losing a day. After a great start with the new ball, they remained patient and kept chipping away. Stokes wicket of Blackwood to break up the fifth wicket partnership was probably the key moment of the day. Great catch by Pope to clinch the victory. It just shows the importance of first innings runs on the board.

Sets it up nicely for the decider. I would expect more fast bowler rotation with at least one of Archer or Wood coming in.
I concur with the analysis. The last wicket went down on my way back from the great metropolis of Crediton. Sounded like a great catch by Pope.

I think Archer may be on the naughty step for the decider.

Rosencrantz

Good positive approach - positive declaration - impressed with Devon Bauy Dom Bess he got a bit of stick but kept flighting the ball instead of bowling flat - excellent ball to get rid of Holder - Well played England
He does give himself a chance of getting wickets even though it might cost the odd drive or low full toss. The change of ends certainly made a difference late on for him. Got smashed for six by Holder out of a foothold which could easily have misbehaved but didn't. Then got one to rip from a very similar area to bowl him.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Glad to hear that Sidmouth bauy Dom bowled well. (y)