• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
No professional cricket until at least July 1st.

Much easier to play cricket from a social distancing perspective than football...
I doubt there will be any 4 day cricket this season but given that the crowds are generally about a dozen or so social distancing will be easy enough

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I doubt there will be any 4 day cricket this season but given that the crowds are generally about a dozen or so social distancing will be easy enough
I agree there won't be, although I think this canard about no crowds is a bit of an old hat. Derby v Northants in April, yes crowd will be sparse.

Any County game at a Test venue looks sparsely attended even if there are a couple of thousand watching (which at the Oval there frequently are)
Canterbury, Hove, Chelmsford (ugh), Taunton amongst others all have decent crowds for the 4 day stuff, and festival grounds across the country are usually packed.

LOG

Got tickets for the ODI in Bristol on 16th July. I won't make any travel arrangement just yet.

Alistair20000

I agree there won't be, although I think this canard about no crowds is a bit of an old hat. Derby v Northants in April, yes crowd will be sparse.

Any County game at a Test venue looks sparsely attended even if there are a couple of thousand watching (which at the Oval there frequently are)
Canterbury, Hove, Chelmsford (ugh), Taunton amongst others all have decent crowds for the 4 day stuff, and festival grounds across the country are usually packed.
Yes, fair comment RP.

Alistair20000

The wretched Hundred postponed to 2021.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The wretched Hundred postponed to 2021.
Any good news is welcome.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
The great man looks back on his time with Somerset.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor old Jack. Nasty condition to have to live with.

Alistair20000

That Crohn’s disease is horrid and the treatment to control it makes him very vulnerable with the immune system impaired. Added to that the nasty bout of Sepsis in the winter.

Very tough for him.

Still a legend after Headingley (y)

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
BBC Radio Somerset next Monday............