• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2020

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
As county 4 day games are attended by 6 people and a couple of hounds presumably they will carry on.
As long as the slips and close fielders promise to stay at least 2 metres apart.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
ECB may prioritise the T20 Blast and the Hundred format when cricket restarts. :(

Rosencrantz

ECB may prioritise the T20 Blast and the Hundred format when cricket restarts. :(
It makes them (and the clubs) the most money quicker. Not really surprising.

Alistair20000

It makes them (and the clubs) the most money quicker. Not really surprising.
Agreed but will the overseas players be able to come here for The Hundred ?

Colesman Ballz

The possibility of the blundred being killed off at birth, is one casualty of Covid 19 that I would positively welcome ! Maybe there is a god after all.

Alistair20000

The possibility of the blundred being killed off at birth, is one casualty of Covid 19 that I would positively welcome ! Maybe there is a god after all.
Until this Covid 19 fecker came along I would have agreed. I just wonder now though whether we need it to succeed to save cricket financially ?

Rosencrantz

That is unanswerable at the moment like pretty much everything else, like when will people in Tiverton stop panic buying bog roll? Haven't seen a pack this week. (Don't worry, still got about a week's worth left).

To be honest, I would not be surprised if we don't see any serious cricket being played in the UK in 2020.

Colesman Ballz

Until this Covid 19 fecker came along I would have agreed. I just wonder now though whether we need it to succeed to save cricket financially ?
I can see the logic of 20-20 putting money into the Counties quickly, but the Blundred is something else which doesn't exist yet, and Shirley the ECB should be more concerned with preserving the existing County system first ? All the Blundred will do is take players and spectators from them ? Shirley the quick re instatement of the 50 over format would be far more beneficial to the greater good of the game as a whole ? Postpone the start of The Blundred for a year or two, and get the money flowing back into the Counties, if not you risk one or more doing a Bury and going to the wall.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
No County Cricket util at least 28th May.

We've already had all Junior cricket leagues cancelled in Surrey for the entire season. Any games that are played will be friendlies. Might be a cup.

Red Devon

No County Cricket util at least 28th May.

We've already had all Junior cricket leagues cancelled in Surrey for the entire season. Any games that are played will be friendlies. Might be a cup.
I suppose you could nearly get away with a loose form of social distancing at cricket matches the fielding team could certainly set up that way...do away with first and second slip positions you could then have a third slip but no fourth.. forward short leg would also be not permitted and the umpire at the bowlers end would also cause a problem...just an idea anyway.