• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2019

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Never too early to start thinking about cricket! Somerset's championship year?

Avening Posse

Very well known Exeweb poster
Off to see Oz vs India on Friday the 4th as part of Test match. Oz currently 2-1 down. I have been told by my cricketing friends to bring some sandpaper to wave when Oz get a wicket

Colesman Ballz

Off to see Oz vs India on Friday the 4th as part of Test match. Oz currently 2-1 down. I have been told by my cricketing friends to bring some sandpaper to wave when Oz get a wicket
Must have been a very satisfying watching the Indians totally grind the "baggy greens" noses into the pitch, amassing 622 runs ! Looks like the first ever Indian series win in Oz is nailed on, particularly after taking 6 wickets in a truncated Day 3.

Personally I might have been tempted not to declare, and carry on piling the runs on and totally humiliating the cheating barstewards ! I suppose if the weather holds up, it gives them a good chance of a 3-1 win though ! (clap)(y)

Temporarily Exiled

Typical Australian summer, ended up losing the best part of two days. Shame, I think India would've comfortably won the final test had it gone the distance.

Also a shame because I stayed up to try and watch it play out.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
England in the West Indies starting soon.....

See we walloped some side in a warm up game yesterday in terms of bowling them out.....

I reckon the side will be....

Burns
Jennings (how he is ever an international batsman I will never know)
Bairstow
Root
Stokes
Ali
Butler
Foakes
Curran
Broad
Anderson

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
These days in the Windies we *may* look to a second spinner, in which case probably Leach in for one of Curran or Broad. Otherwise I agree.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Well, we did go for a second spinner - sort of. Rashid instead of Leach, Broad misses out.

England lose the toss and field first.

Alistair20000

What the duck ? 77 all out (facepalm) :mad:

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks like the W Indies of old some genuine pace in the side with a wicket to suit - looks like we couldn't handle it

huxwar

Anyone who is going out for 2020 ashes in Perth Australia will get to see the new Optus stadium.
Completely different from the WACA but a very impressive venue. Went there last night to see scorchers v thunder in bbl in a reasonably high scoring game. (the pies were lush and only $5)