• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2018

CREDYGRECIAN

Very well known Exeweb poster
Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
It helps a little bit.
I just feel that no. 3 should be a class batsman, and I don't think Bairstow is that man.
He is class, and unless Root sacrifices his favourite no4 spot who’s better than Bairtow? Who has a better average than Stokes , Ali or Butler

IndoMike

He is class, and unless Root sacrifices his favourite no4 spot who’s better than Bairtow? Who has a better average than Stokes , Ali or Butler
I spent 2 years telling you that Cook didn't have it any more and was proven right, and now I'm telling you Bairstow is not a no.3. Number 5 or 6 - yes. No. 3 : not got a wide enough range of shots or strong enough defense. It's the selectors' job to find a real number 3. There are always players lurking in the background ready to be in the team. For example, nobody spoke about Curran and he has suddenly emerged, as has Foakes.
Don't forget Bairstow was technically out three times in his innings yesterday, but the Sri Lankans didn't have the option to appeal tp the umpires' decision.

Last edited:

CREDYGRECIAN

The same Cook who scored 147 in his last game and if he hadn’t lost his hunger (understandable) would still walk in the side ?

Bairstow doesn’t have a wide enough range of shots ? Yet opens in ODI cricket ?

IndoMike

The same Cook who scored 147 in his last game and if he hadn’t lost his hunger (understandable) would still walk in the side ?

Bairstow doesn’t have a wide enough range of shots ? Yet opens in ODI cricket ?
Cook scored 147 in a dead rubber, He retired. He was a great batsmen, but for the final 2 years he was poor. You have to know when to fold them and let young ones come in to replace you and gain experience.
Bairstow indeed is a basher who can score quick runs. But at no.3 you need a batsman who can steady the ship or play freely as needs be, but not usually to go mad. I prefer Foakes to Bairstow - it's just my opinion and I might be proved wrong or right in the future.

CREDYGRECIAN

I know he’s not in for his batting but Stuart broad is embarrassing with the bat these days - absolute walking wicket within 2-3 balls

CREDYGRECIAN

England should have enough with a 300+ lead.....

Rashid will spin them out now

Avening Posse

Just been to see Oz vs India 20:20 in Sydney. Great night. Electric atmosphere. Probably more than 30,000 India supporters out of circa 45,000 crowd. That Kohli dude....enough said, the crowd loved him

CREDYGRECIAN

Good stuff from England, Looks likely a comfortable victory will happen and 3-0 achieved

IndoMike

I know he’s not in for his batting but Stuart broad is embarrassing with the bat these days - absolute walking wicket within 2-3 balls
Yep, he used to be very useful down the order. Think he too will be fighting desperately to keep his place from now on.

Colesman Ballz

Yep, he used to be very useful down the order. Think he too will be fighting desperately to keep his place from now on.
Perhaps he should have another word with Sir Richard Hadlee, this time with regard to his batting !