• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
How good is 288-5 at the W*nkhede (!) Stadium ? Have not watched any of it but guess we would like another 150 ?

Magnificent debut from Keaton Jennings (clap)

Feckin' swear filter for a place name, especially a cricket ground. :mad:

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
England need 400 minimum

Stokes and Butler is exciting if they can keep them out for the first hour of tomorrow

Great for Jennings to score a ton on debut - Ali and Cook should of gone on and done the same

Nice that we've now got Hameed & Jennings which means Root can drop back down to 4

Ex-ciderrr

Nice that we've now got Hameed & Jennings which means Root can drop back down to 4
Like your thinking, would love to see that top 4. Im not much of a duckett fan, out of his depth on the international stage. With the likes of Jennings and Hameed performing the way they have I can't see a way back into the side for him for a while.

Going well though, impressed with England in the 1st day, like you said important that continues in the morning session with Stokes and Buttler tomorrow.

Come on England.

CREDYGRECIAN

The wheels have fallen off

Alistair20000

Yep.

We need Root to do a Kohli now with a big double hundred or we be are fooked.

241 for the 8th Indian wicket ? (facepalm)

Last edited:

Alistair20000

Root survives LBW shout as I posted that. Both Indian reviews gone now. (clap)

CREDYGRECIAN

England properly walloped there

Cook looks a tired skipper all of a sudden - reckon next summer could be the end of the road in terms of captaincy for him

Englands side lacks balance - 4 seamers on a Bunsen burner was a strange decision

Anderson looks ordinary in these conditions (fantastic bowler) but he's not alone

Sidey's back

England properly walloped there

Cook looks a tired skipper all of a sudden - reckon next summer could be the end of the road in terms of captaincy for him

Englands side lacks balance - 4 seamers on a Bunsen burner was a strange decision

Anderson looks ordinary in these conditions (fantastic bowler) but he's not alone

Creds - not surprising that Cook's feeling the pain. We've been dicked three tests in a row now.

Not sure there's much we can do about when we can't find one decent spinner, let alone three.

We could criticise selection I guess, but I'm not sure Leach would do too much better (at the moment). Duckett? I think most people would have given him a shout after last summer. Ballance was probably a mistake. However I'm not sure they would have taken Hameed, Jennings & Gubbins instead. Far too many debutants on a tough tour. I'd have taken Ian Bell personally. Experience (and class) still counts.

To be fair, it's all about familiarity with the conditions. We'd probably be 3 nil up if we got them on our green tops in early summer.

Bayliss is an interesting character. Does seem to have much to say. I guess that's not his style.

CREDYGRECIAN

Agree re Bell - he's a class act and proven too - he also plays spin as well as anyone

To be fair England was never likely to win away in India

Antony Moxey

England's cricket team are City in reverse: walloped away from home, unbeatable at home. At least the cricket team does it the right way round.