• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Cricket 2016

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
England's cricket team are City in reverse: walloped away from home, unbeatable at home. At least the cricket team does it the right way round.
Cricket in general is very much like that, increasingly so these days. Home advantage definitely the case in Tests.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Ha, I felt a bit like that in 2013, we had a very Trade Unionist approach to batting that season, "one out all out".

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
An abysmal batting performance from the so called England batsmen today after the century opening partnership. Poor shot selection, no application, utterly clueless.

:mad:

Feckin' dire

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
An abysmal batting performance from the so called England batsmen today after the century opening partnership. Poor shot selection, no application, utterly clueless.

:mad:

Feckin' dire
We have not only lost the series we have been well and truly trounced - never competed

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
We have not only lost the series we have been well and truly trounced - never competed
To be *very* pedantic here, we seemingly had the first Test in the bag until a stubborn 7th wicket stand. But yes, like SA before us, we were never in the hunt. Injuries and our obsession with picking lots of spinners rather than *good* spinners didn't help.

(And please don't be even more pedantic if it turns out without looking it up I got it wrong and it was a stubborn 8th wicket stand instead!)

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be *very* pedantic here, we seemingly had the first Test in the bag until a stubborn 7th wicket stand. But yes, like SA before us, we were never in the hunt. Injuries and our obsession with picking lots of spinners rather than *good* spinners didn't help.

(And please don't be even more pedantic if it turns out without looking it up I got it wrong and it was a stubborn 8th wicket stand instead!)
Don't do Pedantic me ;)