• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

exile in wales

In all my years watching City that was my first visit to Gresty Road , thought that the pitch was top notch suited our style of football we could play on that every week also thought that they may have been better supported given the run of form that they are on , i thought that their "Ginger Winger" could have been a threat if they had played him in more often he was young confident and moved well with the ball would have liked him in a city shirt,
as for our lads i can only echo what has been said worked and played like men on a misson , after the effort of the 1st half to concede so early in the 2nd was a blow and we could easily have dropped of and lost but we pressed on staying strong , Bowman playing in the Flackey style and he gets better and better Williams still finding his feet he came with a lot of promise i just hope that he clicks before long , Deano was immense so glad that he managed to stay on but how do you single out one player with a team performance like that , as for the travelling support wow it is always a pleasure to share the afternoon with you guys and girls waht a noise we create from start to finish so so proud .
so on now to Lincoln we should go into that game with confidence and belief no reason why we shouldnt get something from this game..

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
After Jordan Storey’s move coming out of the blue pre season I would not be at all surprised to see Archie on his way too. We need to enjoy watching him play for City while we can.
Well at least he's been offered, and signed a new contract (?). Just hope that it is structured in a way with no stupid "give away" release clauses ! ;)

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably a fair comment... Hindsight is a wonderful thing though mate! 😁 the angle we had wasn’t as good as yours, the tv cameras are the other side of the ground... in real time , it happened so quickly, and I always want to give City players the benefit of the doubt. What a ball by Holmsey though.. flashback to the ball he played for Stockley at the same end last year!

Yes he just took one look up and hooked it right from the touchline on to Randell's foot at the far post. I don't envy a commentator's job by the way, there's so much going on so quickly. You and Anthony are definitely my favourite pairing this season though.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster

IndoMike

Cute goal by MJ, Very little back lift to put that ball in the net. Difficult goal to score

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think Matt Jay is going to become a helluva player for us. His technique is superb. This is just the start for him.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is he taller than Pymy ?

Just wondering.........

Grecian2K

Is he taller than Pymy ?

Just wondering.........
Don't be a silly Billy.

As Pate constantly reminds us, Christie is a perfectly formed, but miniscule, homunculus who is barely able to see over the blades of grass unless the pitch is mowed exceptionally close.
Indeed, I hear that those pesky Kray Twins have been shovelling huge quantities of "Growmore" into the Sincil Bank penalty areas, ready for Tuesday night. ;)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
To be fair the Crewe keeper should have been saving Jay's strike, I was expecting a curler in the top corner given the descriptions on here and on the radio.

Last edited:

IndoMike

To be fair the Crewe keeper should have been saving Jay's strike, I was expecting a curler in the top corner given the descriptions on here and on the radio.
He didn't see it coming and it was placed in the corner. Just a good goal.