• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Fair comment Rog. As a fellow graduate of the Old St Thomosian School of chronology I should have realised that we live in that exclusive timezone, delineated by one second by the Exe Bridges Meridian.

No wonder I always seem to wake up too early.

PeteUSA

The commentators said they didn't have a very good view fo that end to be fair to them but calling it a "brilliant effort"was generous in the extreme.
In fairness, the commentators were a different side of the pitch than the cameras. They didnt have that exquisite view of Jays goal going in just inside the post.

Rog H K

Fair comment Rog. As a fellow graduate of the Old St Thomosian School of chronology I should have realised that we live in that exclusive timezone, delineated by one second by the Exe Bridges Meridian.

No wonder I always seem to wake up too early.
Getting last orders has never been easy for me south of the river.That 1 second is important.(smoke) Should get back for a few..Ciiiiiiiderrrr(beer)

Good solid performance today. Fans were top voice. When 1-1 you could see the team that wanted to win. And they did.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
What a brilliant second half performance that fully deserved the win. We worked so hard without the ball to frustrate Crewe's passing game and looked the more dangerous team in attack. Credit to Matt Taylor for shaking things up after the Bury game and making some big calls that all worked out. The whole team played well but Deano was especially good; he finished up the game on pretty much one leg but still managed to pop up as an overlapping full back. And how great was it to see Matt Jay curl in the winner from the edge of the box.

Also is there a more amusing sight in football than watching David Artell get increasingly frustrated when his team are losing. I also liked the fact that while Matt Taylor was in trousers and a long coat proper Northerner Eric Kinder was sat behind him in shorts.

Being back in the play-offs also takes the pressure off the trip to Lincoln. Even if we lose the game in hand we know we'll still be in the top 7.

Antony Moxey

Matt Jay’s winner looks a peach. By no means a gimme, he had to wriggle round a couple of defenders before bending the shot in. Well done the buay. Timely win too considering other results - didn’t realise MK were so far ahead of us, it was only a couple of weeks ago we went above them.

Good result considering how many absentees we had.

Antony Moxey

What a brilliant second half performance that fully deserved the win. We worked so hard without the ball to frustrate Crewe's passing game and looked the more dangerous team in attack. Credit to Matt Taylor for shaking things up after the Bury game and making some big calls that all worked out. The whole team played well but Deano was especially good; he finished up the game on pretty much one leg but still managed to pop up as an overlapping full back. And how great was it to see Matt Jay curl in the winner from the edge of the box.

Also is there a more amusing sight in football than watching David Artell get increasingly frustrated when his team are losing. I also liked the fact that while Matt Taylor was in trousers and a long coat proper Northerner Eric Kinder was sat behind him in shorts.

Being back in the play-offs also takes the pressure off the trip to Lincoln. Even if we lose the game in hand we know we'll still be in the top 7.
Matt Taylor is also a northerner too, no?

Colesman Ballz

A win or a draw at Lincoln would lift us up to 5th place.

Red Bill

What a good result away against the form team. So pleased for Matt Jay, I thought he was unlucky not to get more game time after hi excellent pre season. I hope this gives him the confidence to push on because he clearly has plenty of talent. Any team at our level missing players with the quality of Law, Boateng and Lee Martin can expect to struggle, so coming away with a win today speaks volumes about where we are as a squad. Whatever happens this season Matt Taylor's ability to recruit good players has to bode well for the future.
Well done to Matt and the lads. UTC!

fred binneys head

I’ve just got back and will read this thread later but just wanted to say well done to Ryan Bowman and Dara O’Shea - both were excellent today. I so wanted Ryan to score, but I guess that’ll have to wait until Lincoln.

We are also a very fit side - Lee Holmes, Ryan Bowman and Matt Jay ran their legs off, right to the end (or until Holmes went off).

Excellent day out.

flakey pasty

A brilliant win against the odds. Well done Matt and the boys!