• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Official Match Day Thread

ecfc2000

Delighted for the lads and especially Mr Jay

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great result City , well done!

IndoMike

Excellent result against an in-form team.

geoffwp

I really wasn't expecting 3 points today so bleddy well done the lads and well done Matty Jay, more like that please son.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Well worth the win.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well done bauys. Good that our away form is holding up.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Great win to bring us back into the playoffs and a miracle win against Lincoln on Tuesday puts us 4 points behind the automatics.

Last edited:

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
After they scored early second half we were totally organised and rarely looked like conceding. Considering the team was an unusual shape at the start of the match, and then was changed again to a new format at 1-1, the players have done us proud today. This kind of performance and result against the middling teams can take us a long way. A lot of individual performances in there, Taylor had a really good game as did Moxey, but Matt Jay is the one that I'm sure will put a smile on everyone's face. He really does well in that central creative position, because he has a very good eye for a weighted pass, and does very well under close pressure because he has very good feet (left and right), and does plenty of scurrying around to break up possession from the opposition.

Exehausted

I really wasn't expecting 3 points today so bleddy well done the lads and well done Matty Jay, more like that please son.
I think he will if he's given a chance. However, if Jono is fit for Tuesday I expect Matt to drop out. Personally I'd leave him in, it sounds like he formed a great partnership with Ryan Bowman.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
And Rog HK must be very glad he went - and didn't go to Argyle!