• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crewe Alexandra v Exeter City Matchday Thread

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
A tough test this one...

One can only hope..UTC

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
A tough test this one...

One can only hope..UTC
Really looking forward to seeing Crewe play as I've heard a lot about how good their passing game is supposed to be. However, we did a good job in the second-half of the game against Swindon of denying them the space to get their passing game going so am hopeful we'll do ok. It's clear from his interview that Matt Taylor has been thinking a lot about how many changes to make to the team today. Personally, I would love to see Ben Seymour given another start but then I'm always biased towards one of our own. However, Matt Taylor is concerned about us not taking our chances and he is the best natural finisher available - I know it's a step-up but he's consistently scored goals at whatever level he's played.

Rog H K

06:24 Train from St Davids . Choo Choo!

Choo Choo!
Was it a steam loco? Somehow I doubt it...

GJW

Was it a steam loco? Somehow I doubt it...
No, he was sneezing. Must have a cold 🤧

exeter-loyal

A few teams playing each other in the top 10 today so it's a good chance to pull a few points clear of some. Having said that today is going to be really tough and would take a draw up their, anything better then happy days!!

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Grey start to the day here in Crewe. No rain since yesterday morning. Tough game ahead, while not season defining we'll learn a lot today about what the team is capable of.

Jason's match preview

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Crewe allegedly play a decent brand of passing football, the Barcelona of League 2 I hear.

We've been in that bracket before ourselves, particularly in the early/mid years of the Tisdale reign. If there's one thing we learnt from that period of our recent history its that we didn't like it when we were roughed up. So today we need the likes of Bowman, Parkes, and Taylor to raise their game and bully the opposition, hope for a soft ref, and stick it up them from the word go. 'They don't like it up em'

Rog H K

Bugger. Train cancelled at Birmingham. Someone jumped infront of a train. ☹
Picked up another Locomotive so don't worry folks😊 🚂🚃🚃🚃 back on route. Choo Choo. 🤧🤧

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
Safe travels to all our fans. 3 points would be nice but very hard to get, today.