• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Creepy Crawley V Exeter City discussion thread

OmanGrecian

A Hartlepool thread has been started, but there’s still a big game before that.

Can’t remember the last time we played at Crawley on a Saturday, they have normally been Tuesday night games. That being said, we do take good numbers to Crawley, so can’t see why we won’t have at least 600 up there on Saturday. There were 8 standing tickets available online last night, but believe this would be just an initial allocation rather than the full amount.

If we are serious contenders, this is a must win. After the dull last few games I can feel a much better performance around the corner.

3-0 win for City - Jay, Bowman x 2 691 City fans

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
The last time we played them away on a Saturday was in 05/06, the famous 0-0 after 90 minutes 2-0 win, which also included, IIRC, Flacky nicking the keeper's water.

We have played them away "during the day" twice since then, but both were on Easter Monday.

Billy The Fish

Well-known Exeweb poster
If we score we'll win. If we don't we won't.
Confucius.

Ashford Grecian

400 tops for us - time of year and a lot of matches recently - probably a 1-1 draw.....

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'll be there with the boy, first away match in an age (out of Devon), hoping for great things after last night 3=0 Fisher x 2 and Law 402 travelling Grecians/Exiles

exeter-loyal

Think we will edge this and be back into the top 3 come 5pm!

OmanGrecian

Initial allocation of terrace tickets now sold out. They won't be releasing anymore more pre-sales, but there is no difference in prices on the day.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Our away form is poor. We'll scrape a draw 1-1. MJ with the goal.

Our away form is poor. We'll scrape a draw 1-1. MJ with the goal.
Their form is not great either. Working up in 'Ol'Smoke' atm and took in the Crawley game with my Crawley mates v Morecambe (bottom of the league) last week. Crawley should have won with their superior ambition and possession but my mates said Crawley were poor, done by the sucker punch and it was a poor game. I couldn't quite agree as Grego Cox was lively, got going in the second half on the right wing, finding the by line three or four times but found himself unable to cross as there was no-one in the box to receive. Even when they brought the lazy Ollie Palmer on late on, he was sh*te and behind play. Nothing in the box.
Kamara is a decent player in Central midfield but grinds to a halt when he's one on one. Dallinson in Central defence is a big unit and good in the air. Lewis Young (Ashley's brother) at right back had an uncharacteristically good game at right back. Allowed to roam forward, he can put useful balls into the box. However I don't think they'll touch our defence this weekend.
Still hoping for the bragging rights at 5:00pm Saturday after our sad capitulation last April.

2-0 City for me on what I saw last weekend. I'll be there!

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
1-1 draw. Law for us.