• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Creepy Crawley V Exeter City discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
I'm going 3-1 to us although it could turn out to a be tough game. I was at the Scunthorpe v Crawley game early on this season which finished 2-2 and i was actually impressed with Crawley. They looked comfortable and confident on the ball and in possession with the likes of Grego Cox and they have options from an attacking perspective. Bez Lubala scored an excellent goal that day and has been impressive all season apparently. He is courting interest from clubs higher up in the pyramid.

Defensively it was a different story and i wasn't impressed at all when i saw them and their stats since would back that up. They have the worst defensive away record in the league and one of the worst home defensive records in the league. I think if we dictate play and get at them then we'll win the game comfortably for a change but if not and we let them spray it around then we could end up shooting ourselves in the foot.

Interesting game in prospect.

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting game in prospect.
Agreed, it feels like a big game in the context of our League season. If we can defend better than we have in recent away league games than we should have a good chance of winning this. Would love to see either Sparkes or Seymour scoring their first goal.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think that,despite the win on Tuesday, MT may make a few changes. Jake Taylor suspension over?

With Parkes, Sparkes,Bowman and Atangana having been on the bench - and someone like Fisher dead on his feet at the end on Tuesday - then perhaps three changes to the starting line up.

IndoMike

We are 19th in the form.league table (last 6 matches) and Creepy are 22nd.
Don't think we can say "we should be beating teams like Crawley" at the moment.
We kinda play well and have good players, but if we can't stick the ball in the net, we ain't going nowhere.
PS. Ignore the above. City to win 2-0.

Legohead

Banned
I think that,despite the win on Tuesday, MT may make a few changes. Jake Taylor suspension over?

With Parkes, Sparkes,Bowman and Atangana having been on the bench - and someone like Fisher dead on his feet at the end on Tuesday - then perhaps three changes to the starting line up.
It will be fascinating to see if Matty goes with Fisher again or Bowman. Perhaps a brief spell out of the side for Bowman might sharpen his focus a bit, and sharpen his finishing if he were to come back into the 11.

Banksy

A lot of folk in these prediction threads keep saying wins with Bowman to score most of the goals , guess one day it will happen probably along with Swinson becoming P.M.

Ian Russon

We are 19th in the form.league table (last 6 matches) and Creepy are 22nd.
Don't think we can say "we should be beating teams like Crawley" at the moment.
We kinda play well and have good players, but if we can't stick the ball in the net, we ain't going nowhere.
PS. Ignore the above. City to win 2-0.
Because we have better potential. we potentially should be easing past Crawley. FACT

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lots of interesting selection decisions ahead of this game
  • Parkes has arguably been our best defender so should probably come in if fully fit. Neither Moxey nor Martin have been infallible this season but Martin probably offers better balance.
  • Woodman is fine if we want an out-and-out left back but Sparkes offers much more if we play three at the back.
  • Atangana looked good against Cheltenham but hard to fit in him with Taylor presumably coming straight back in.
  • Also seems harsh to drop Jay but the onlu space in the team would be further forward playing off the striker but arguably Seymour has done enough to deserve a run in that position.
  • And surely Fisher must start ahead of Bowman.

IndoMike

Because we have better potential. we potentially should be easing past Crawley. FACT
😂

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Our second favourite referee on Saturday!

Jason's preview https://www.exeweb.com/2019/11/21/preview-crawley-town-vs-exeter-city/