• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crediton United vs Exeter City - Devon St Luke’s Challenge Cup - match day thread.

Martin Weiler

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Mmm.. a 'young side' fielded by City. It was (very) young. But it included a couple of first year professionals in Borges and Beardmore. Haven't City played U18 sides in the Devon Bowl in recent years?

DawlishBouy

I don’t think the Devon Bowl is classed as a 1st team match so may not qualify.
To use a cricketing term it is not a "first class" match but it is, whatever kind of team City put out, a competitive first team fixture.

DawlishBouy

Yes, I googled that. What connection does he have with City?
Match report on the club website says Nicky Ajose was in charge of the team. It looks like the Crediton programme made a mistake.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Virtual programmes.The match day experience has been ruined forever.
I've been to a few clubs in creditons league and there's not that many that do printed matchday programmes now.

iscalad

Match report on the club website says Nicky Ajose was in charge of the team. It looks like the Crediton programme made a mistake.
Ah, that makes sense.

Antony Moxey

Is this further proof that after the EFL Trophy debacle our next crop of nippers aren't looking like cutting the mustard as well as previous generations have?

tom_ecfc

Is this further proof that after the EFL Trophy debacle our next crop of nippers aren't looking like cutting the mustard as well as previous generations have?
Agree. Mentioned before that as we progress through the leagues it will become a lot harder and less likely we will see as many quality youth players breaking into the 1st team than our ‘golden crop’ years gone by.

Radio Free Skaro

I've been to a few clubs in creditons league and there's not that many that do printed matchday programmes now.
What's a virtual progamme?

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
What's a virtual progamme?
Online.