• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley vs Exeter prediction and discussion thread

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Draws are frustrating, but at least it's a point. No one is setting this division alight, we are only three wins away from the vegans (yes and only seven points above 23rd) and over the years we have seen those sort of leads reeled back in over 34 matches.

I would like to see us win, and it would be great, a defeat and then Where's Raleigh appears with his other doomster mates spreading all their talks of ruination and it will be six matches without a win and we're doomed. We will be staring the National league in the face, sack Taylor (Who according to Wiki is on 41.4% win ratio, Tisdale was 38.5% with us, and just behind that of Terry Cooper 42.68% first time around) whereas in reality it will be just another match which for one reason or another didn't go our way. But a draw isn't the end of the world

It's not as if the players or managers want the draws in the after match interviews they are all sounding as frustrated as us fans, but it will change

I will be tuning into Ifollow to see us continue our unbeaten run and hopefully start a winning streak with Crawley Mansfield and Salford our next opponents before the two cup matches against Bradford and Bristol Rovers.

No predictions just hope

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Hope we return to 3-5-2 to start the game. I would rather us come home with one point (not that it would be guaranteed) than none by being a little bit too attack minded….Hopefully we will win anyway🙏

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Go out and attack,we have the players to do it,just let t(em get on with it !
But the attack is not currently the problem. We’re creating chances and scoring 2 goals a game which should be enough to win more than you draw.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the attack is not currently the problem. We’re creating chances and scoring 2 goals a game which should be enough to win more than you draw.
Exactly, I don't understand the shouts of 'just go for it', I'd understand if we were drawing games 0-0.

Grecianpasty

Hope we return to 3-5-2 to start the game. I would rather us come home with one point (not that it would be guaranteed) than none by being a little bit too attack minded….Hopefully we will win anyway🙏
Likewise I would like to see us revert back to 3-5-2. Bring back Ray and Caprice to freshen up the starting 11. Nige in for Dieng. Amond may come in for Brown depending on how his foot is.

Crawley always look like conceding. We will get our chances if we're patient. Edwards and coley could offer a real threat from the bench if given the opportunity.

I'm looking forward to a good game.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
I had enough of draws this season, and would take anything over another one.
We have to try and win games, rather than settling for a draw.

Clearly Taylor sees it like you.. Why try and win or lose a game in the last 15 minutes, when you can just draw..
This is nonsense. We don't settle for a draw. We don't 'shut up shop' or 'Park the bus' to get a draw, we generally draw due to a defensive error or poor game management, nothing to do with playing for a draw.

Either way, to say you'd rather lose than draw is ridiculous. If we're one nil down tomorrow and get a penalty in stoppage time, would you rather we missed it?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

dontpassback

Exactly, I don't understand the shouts of 'just go for it', I'd understand if we were drawing games 0-0.
Terry Coopers team used to go for it from the kick off,and look where we ended up that season,enough said !

The deluder

Another bogey team. Predict 2-1 defeat. But hope to be proved wrong.

Matt Russell

Terry Coopers team used to go for it from the kick off,and look where we ended up that season,enough said !