• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter discussion thread

Legohead

Banned
Another away game, another win for the Grecians? Crawley lost to Grimsby last time and needed a last minute winner at home to Colchester prior to that and we all know how atrocious Colchester are. Surely this is another win for us? If we play like we did against Colchester then it would be difficult to see Crawley beating us, however, i did watch the fairly recent FA Cup game where they beat Leeds and they are capable of putting in a performance like that.

No Bowman again. I think Seymour needs to start as it would damage confidence to be dropped after scoring the winning goal v Col U. I actually would like to see Fisher start too although i think Matty will opt for pretty much the same line up as tuesday night maybe?

Thoughts?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
He could bring Fisher in for rotation purposes, but as you say that would be bad luck for Seymour, who doesn't really need rotation. Think Caprice will start in order to give Key another break.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another away game, another win for the Grecians? Crawley lost to Grimsby last time and needed a last minute winner at home to Colchester prior to that and we all know how atrocious Colchester are. Surely this is another win for us? If we play like we did against Colchester then it would be difficult to see Crawley beating us, however, i did watch the fairly recent FA Cup game where they beat Leeds and they are capable of putting in a performance like that.

No Bowman again. I think Seymour needs to start as it would damage confidence to be dropped after scoring the winning goal v Col U. I actually would like to see Fisher start too although i think Matty will opt for pretty much the same line up as tuesday night maybe?

Thoughts?
What's the pitch at Crawley like, I wonder?

Personally I would like to find a way for both Key and Caprice to start. Key is great going forward but I still worry about his defensive positioning so prefer Caprice at RB. But who to leave out? I guess Randall with Willmott switching to the left? If not, same starting 11 for me.

Hartridge back on the bench in place of Kite, as unlike Bowman his suspension was only for 1 game (Goal-Scoring Opportunity)

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Rules & Regulations | The FA

LOG

Looks pretty good here: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/12224176/crawley-1-0-colchester

I believe that Brighton play their women's or reserve/youth football there and give them a chunk of money to maintain the pitch.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Looks pretty good here: https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/league-two/12224176/crawley-1-0-colchester

I believe that Brighton play their women's or reserve/youth football there and give them a chunk of money to maintain the pitch.
Thanks, agreed. Oh for a PL team that wanted to ground share for their other teams...

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster

Personally I would like to find a way for both Key and Caprice to start. Key is great going forward but I still worry about his defensive positioning so prefer Caprice at RB. But who to leave out? I guess Randall with Willmott switching to the left? If not, same starting 11 for me.

Hartridge back on the bench in place of Kite, as unlike Bowman his suspension was only for 1 game (Goal-Scoring Opportunity)

The website for the English football association, the Emirates FA Cup and the England football team - Rules & Regulations | The FA
From the limited evidence I've seen so far Josh doesn't look quite as effective further forward but there's still time for him to develop an understanding with Jake behind him.

Andy_H

Despite having played for 3 or 4 other clubs since leaving ECFC, does the 'returning player syndrome' - "he must score against us" - still apply to Tom Nichols?

Grecianpasty

I'd stick with the same 11 that won on Tuesday.

With Stubbs, Hartidge, Bowman and Williams returning in the next few weeks rotation will happen naturally.

Oldsmobile-88

A tough one for media man Craig 😁

Red Devon

Team rotations

Caprice for Key
Sparkes for Page

Maybe McArdle could a start.