• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Legohead

Banned
We do know why. Ajose refuses to train on the 4g pitch, which I assume all of our recent training has been carried out on because of the weather, and Taylor said he can't pick a player who he doesn't see train.
Well he sees Fisher train and still picks him!! :ROFLMAO:

Legohead

Banned
I haven't seen the game today but from what I've read Fisher was poor so Ajose would have most likely been a better option. Its one of those things though, we'll never know.
Fisher was that inert that when Parkes went for a Burton, we were playing with 9 men. In all honesty i would have happily seen a ballboy take the place of Fisher at half time and i'm absolutely 100% certain he'd have put in more effort and looked more dangerous.

gui

You should always play with your best 11 as far as I’m concerned . That was very poor indeed . Terrible performance and abysmal team selection . We are fighting for points and we gave them away today. We have 2 good and dangerous wingers . Why were they on the bench ? We had no pace , penetration of desire . Completely inept and toothless performance. It’s very disappointing and infuriating. On a personal note I really don’t believe in this squad rotation business . You just play your best team week in week out ; period . I hope we can have a decent high intensity performance Tuesday night with 2 wingers taking on the opposition. We need more energy and more tempo .

AndyR

Having watched the MT interview, I thought his analysis- poor game, little quality, game changed when Parkes went in with a poor challenge and gave their players the opportunity to surround the referee and he then to send Parkes off, never a penalty, was pretty much on the money. His comments about Seymour did seem strange but he knows the player better than us and Seymour hardly ripped up any trees whilst he was on. Probably kept Fisher on as he is better holding up the ball and he knew our defence was going to be under pressure.

As for Ajose, he obviously doesn't fancy him and almost certainly regrets signing him. End of. Will be gone, with Fisher, at the end of the season.

We've had a whole series of long journey away games so let's see how we go with a couple of homes on the trot. Still all to play for.

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm generally a fan of Taylor's tactics and team selections but he made a bit of a mess of it today, even if he waslet down by some of the players. Switching the setup to a back three was totally ineffective, and the substitutions were also poor. Why he took off Matt Jay for McArdle at 0-0 after the red card, despite still having a back four on the pitch, only he knows. He introduced Randall far too late as well.

Let's hope for an improvement on Tuesday. We can't afford to throw away any more matches

Ash

I th8nk the crawley players did a great job in surrounding the ref and whining about the red card,and as for the penalty,what a joke,neither of this disguises the fact that we aren’t going to get promotion by blowing hot and cold,ajose is sat on his bum,getting paid god knows what and no one knows why,we haven’t got the biggest squad,but we lack consistency,so I dont think we will be going up !
Loving the utter randomness of your commas!

Ash

Probably kept Fisher on as he is better holding up the ball and he knew our defence was going to be under pressure.
Your statement should be true but is it? I'm not so sure. He's 6'3", has 200 career games under his belt and is (allegedly) a target man. However despite all that, what does he actually offer? He does win the odd header but they generally go nowhere useful (not entirely his fault today) and imho, he rarely brings the ball under control to bring other players into the game.
I have a little bit of sympathy for MT regarding the decision to sign him though. The Fish had just played pretty much every match for Yeovil as they went down to the NL but he managed 13 league goals, comfortably the best scoring season of his career. Add to that he was local, available and presumably, cheap(ish), it did make some sense. Like Ajose though there is no argument about the fact that it's been a wholly unsuccessful signing. The only positive was the wonder goal he scored with the last kick of the game with his left foot into the top corner of the goal. He's been sh!te, but I'll remember that for a long time.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fisher was that inert that when Parkes went for a Burton, we were playing with 9 men. In all honesty i would have happily seen a ballboy take the place of Fisher at half time and i'm absolutely 100% certain he'd have put in more effort and looked more dangerous.
if after Saturday’s performance Fisher is even in the squad for Tuesday I will be starting to have serious doubts as whether MT is as good a manager as we have been thinking he is.

PeteUSA

Very well known Exeweb poster
if after Saturday’s performance Fisher is even in the squad for Tuesday I will be starting to have serious doubts as whether MT is as good a manager as we have been thinking he is.

I've never thought that Taylor is a particularly good manager. Somebody would have started a Taxi for Taylor thread long ago, had it not been for the covid intervention. I've never been convinced by his post match overviews/explanations, or his ideas of putting a sensible team together. One thing that Taylor does have, that Tisdale severely lacked is personality and likeability. I swear that occasionally Taylor is close to chuckling when being interviewed, although not so much after matches. He tends to lean largely on jibberish for them, presented in a very nearly believable fashion. Like many managers in these extraordinary times though, he fits the bill, thats about it IMHO.

Bongo1959

On look here comes bounce back Tuesday .again !!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.