• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trapdoor

What a feckin disaster of a game.

Parkes and Caprice, what were you thinking?!?

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Meanwhile, Ajose's sitting on his Playstation
Apparently Ajose ain’t a fan of PlayStations, but is pretty nimble on the Xbox!

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
We're slipping away from the autos. Looks like we're gonna have to settle for a fight to get into the dreaded play offs, to be witnessed by two men and a dog.

Grecian2K

Apparently Ajose ain’t a fan of PlayStations, but is pretty nimble on the Xbox!
As long as its not somewhere with a nylon carpet.

tonykellowfan

I agree with the consensus that that was awful. To be honest I'm not even sure after watching it I can tell you how Seymour Jay and Fisher were supposed to line up.

We are clearly much better with Key / Willmott / Randall on the pitch and some pace from wide areas.

older-codger

Difficult to take any positives out of that. Hopefully MT will have learned from it, especially with his team selection. For me, Sweenz was a clear MoM and hopefully he was taken off in the hope that his injury is not too serious and he may be fit enough for Tuesday. I have to say that, for a player who was available to anyone prepared to take him off our hands, he has had a good season, and in my view is worthy of a new contract even if it may be as a back up to Stubbs. Hartridge was much improved although still has much to learn.

carlislefan

We're slipping away from the autos. Looks like we're gonna have to settle for a fight to get into the dreaded play offs, to be witnessed by two men and a dog.
Think the vegans and Cheltenham are going to be in the 3. But the other spot is anybody’s in top 12/13! Never seen a season like this

Banksy

I take no pleasure in saying this but in future even if our attacking options are severely limited after such an unbelievably lazy and c**p performance where he offered absolutely nothing either as an attacking threat or defensive cover, proving beyond doubt he is not even a poor man’s Ryan Bowman, I never want to see Fisher in the first team squad again.0

This has been one of MT’s worst managerial performances and if after today he does include Fisher on Tuesday I will have severe doubts as whether he is as good a manager as many of us have thought he is.
I cannot but agree to all this. The trouble however is our woes are obviously compounded by having very few choices now we can make up front at this crucial stage in the season. Let’s face it , it could even have been a long term injury to Bowman not a suspension for the red.Ajose not coming up to scratch did for our chances last season I reckon ( probably just needed a few crucial goals to creep into those three Covid manufactured autos which a decent forward would have given) and it’s now the same this.Not being able to train , what complete and utter cr#p. And his stand in is....Fisher , who seems more fitted for Weymouth if they’ll take him which the probable wouldn’t without us paying them.
Trouble is , if this is the best Taylor can do I don’t trust him to sign anyone decent up front next time.I now await the usual comments on being one of the League’s highest scoring teams.But that’s been done mainly on the backs of Jay and Bowman.One has stopped scoring for a while and the other is out , ( well at the moment anyway.)

C j phill

Looks like a Hartridge-McArdle centre back pairing on Tues night. At least we can't play 3-5-2 as we don't have 3 centre backs available.
Perhaps Stubbs will play. Oh mo, he's still recovering from the injury he had when we signed him on a two year contract.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Perhaps Stubbs will play. Oh mo, he's still recovering from the injury he had when we signed him on a two year contract.
Just think we could have given Page a two year contract at the start of the season as well - but then from what I've seen of him when fit it could have been worth it.
Out of interest have you posted anything positive relating to the club or is your glass always empty when it comes to ECFC

Status
Not open for further replies.