• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hartridge was given another chance and he didn't do too badly.Crawley player went straight past him in the first half once.It was his passing on that left hand side that stood out.Some of the balls he put through to Sparkes were veey good,but you wouldn't have noticed because Sparkes wasted everything that was given to him.Made me think that Hartridge's best position could be in a midfield 3 if we are ever set up like that again.

Albumen

No point beating around the bush, this line up isn't going to get you promoted from league 2.

Andrésson
Sweeney
Parkes
Hartridge
Caprice
Collins
Taylor
Sparkes
Jay
Fisher
Seymour
Especially if your first 2 off the bench are McArdle and Atangana.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
These sending offs from senior players are pathetic. I blame Bowman as much as Parkes for todays defeat because he couldn't even be on the pitch. It will cost us in the end and we now have to play on Tuesday with an untried central defensive partnership, presumably of Hartridge and McArdle and my Grandmother has more pace than those two put together. I know centre halves with pace are hard to come by in L2 but surely someone with average pace can be found.

StudentGrecian

So where is our great white hope Stubbs then?
Probably still not training, I’ve heard players with dodgy knees can’t hack it on the Astroturf

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Argyle 2 - 0 up, can things get any worse !!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dire game
Dire Ref
Dire result
Dire selection and substitutions
In otherwords just dire

We were uninspiring all game, stupid decisions by Parkes for the sending off, Caprice I thought a bit unlucky as the player was going down anyway, didn't help him holding his shirt as he went. Poor panicked substitutions by KMT straight after the red, the only way we were going to score was on the break with one of our ball players and he leaves a camel on and takes off two of the best ball players we have.

Atangana like Fisher doesn't do it for me, more of a liability than Hartridge,( who I thought didn't have too bad a game and was good to see us trying to use his throw-in ability this match).

Toothless attack

I'm just glad crowds aren't allowed as I may have travelled to that one like last year - thank heavens for small mercies

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
If Sweeney is going to be out for the next couple of games then Parkes red card is worth an appeal. The tackle itself isn’t reckless, isn’t off the ground and his studs aren’t showing, it’s just late. Handbags after probably means no chance of getting it rescinded, but I’d try anything to avoid a McArdle and Hartridge back two on Tuesday!
Don't even mention that..🤐

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
I take no pleasure in saying this but in future even if our attacking options are severely limited after such an unbelievably lazy and c**p performance where he offered absolutely nothing either as an attacking threat or defensive cover, proving beyond doubt he is not even a poor man’s Ryan Bowman, I never want to see Fisher in the first team squad again.

This has been one of MT’s worst managerial performances and if after today he does include Fisher on Tuesday I will have severe doubts as whether he is as good a manager as many of us have thought he is.

Grecian Max

I take no pleasure in saying this but in future even if our attacking options are severely limited after such an unbelievably lazy and c**p performance where he offered absolutely nothing either as an attacking threat or defensive cover, proving beyond doubt he is not even a poor man’s Ryan Bowman, I never want to see Fisher in the first team squad again.

This has been one of MT’s worst managerial performances and if after today he does include Fisher on Tuesday I will have severe doubts as whether he is as good a manager as many of us have thought he is.
Meanwhile, Ajose's sitting on his Playstation

IndoMike

If Sweeney is going to be out for the next couple of games then Parkes red card is worth an appeal. The tackle itself isn’t reckless, isn’t off the ground and his studs aren’t showing, it’s just late. Handbags after probably means no chance of getting it rescinded, but I’d try anything to avoid a McArdle and Hartridge back two on Tuesday!
Sorry. WiFi bleddy hanging again. It's a farked up world. Nothing bleddy works.

Status
Not open for further replies.