• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
This is a sh’t day. Poor team selection, poor performance, poor substitutions, poor challenge from Parkes, poor challenge by caprice. Everything is sh’t.
the commentator has been good..

StudentGrecian

If Sweeney is going to be out for the next couple of games then Parkes red card is worth an appeal. The tackle itself isn’t reckless, isn’t off the ground and his studs aren’t showing, it’s just late. Handbags after probably means no chance of getting it rescinded, but I’d try anything to avoid a McArdle and Hartridge back two on Tuesday!

Grecian Max

1st half was a pretty controlled performance and we were clearly the better side. Of course they still managed to get through 1 on 1 because we love giving teams opportunities out of nowhere.

Parkes lost us that game, simple as that. There is no way we wouldn't have got at least a point with 11 men. These poor decisions by senior members of the team are going to cost us. Caprice for the penalty, another example.

Fisher isn't great but was given nothing to work with after Seymour came off. Felt this was the wrong decision and we should have kept Ben on, but MT reverts to type with having a big man up their flailing at long balls.

Yet another opportunity after recent weeks to finally make our move and we've ballsed it yet again. The inevitable 4th spot awaits.

Exehausted

Very disappointing. Even before the red card we had been disjointed and we hadn't looked like scoring. Their goalie only had one routine stop from Taylor in the second half which went straight at him and nothing in the first half although if Ben had got his cross in it was a tap in for Matt Jay.. Without the red we might have scrapped a 0-0 draw but nothing more. I'm sure I'll get some stick for saying before hand, again, that this is the deepest and strongest squad I have seen in over 50 years. Four changes was just too much. Still, win the next two at home and we are back in it. Now we will see if the squad is as strong as I still believe it is. With Bowman, Williams, Parkes and probably Sweeney out for Tuesday and Stubbs still not fit our choices look limited. I still think a possible line-up of Jokull, Key, Mcardle, Hartridge, Page Randall, Collins, Taylor Sparkes and Jay and Seymour up front has every chance against Wallsall on Tuesday. Come on you Reds!

Albumen

The red did change the game.

I reckon we were ten minutes away from switching to the 4231. If I’m gonna defend Matt it’s to say that he was trying to rest a few key players knowing that they can come on and change the game. But as I said earlier I’d rather we start strong and rest the players once we’re winning.

I really hope he learns from that.

Onwards and upwards.

Red Devon

Not going to knock the team for losing with only 10 men but we were lacklustre with eleven. I know we have to rotate players but we don’t look as good a team with Randall, Key, Page etc sat on the bench and Hartridge, Sparkes, Fisher in the staring line...just how laboured and slow did Sparkes look, I’d have took him off at halftime he was so ineffective...there’s a long way to go but I can’t see us being quite strong enough for the top three if we’re going to rotate every game...our most effective players need to play as much as they possibly can.

Banksy

If Sweeney is going to be out for the next couple of games then Parkes red card is worth an appeal. The tackle itself isn’t reckless, isn’t off the ground and his studs aren’t showing, it’s just late. Handbags after probably means no chance of getting it rescinded, but I’d try anything to avoid a McArdle and Hartridge back two on Tuesday!
So where is our great white hope Stubbs then?

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Spot on, others will just blame the ref though.
Agreed. I thought it was a red as did most of the people I was messaging during the game. A poor game, poor performance and some questionable decisions from the manager. Welcome to the 4th division. Need to move on now. Bring on the Saddlers.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
No point beating around the bush, this line up isn't going to get you promoted from league 2. Very few goals in it and too many question marks defensively.

Andrésson
Sweeney
Parkes
Hartridge
Caprice
Collins
Taylor
Sparkes
Jay
Fisher
Seymour

Albumen

Fisher is a bit buggered. He’s only ever gonna play in the 532. He’s not mobile enough to play up top alone. And the 532 just doesn’t seem to click at all.

We will be back to our best on Tuesday.

Status
Not open for further replies.