• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECFC89

That was worse than awful and some. Why do we often struggle so badly against carp teams? And as for Fisher......
Common myth. Every fan believes their team is better against the top sides.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Five of us said before KO that we didn't like the line - up. If we knew how come Matt didn't know. We played with a back three, but Hartridge isn't ready yet. We played with three central attackers : a right jumble with Jay, Fisher and Seymour. Midfield too light in numbers. And Fisher rarely gets a look - in so he's not likely to suddenly turn it on.
What's the point of giving away 3 points by not playing your best team? These are young, fit blokes who have played just 450 minutes in a month. Why no Randall? Why no Key. And if Seymour and Jay worked last time why break it up. And what about Willmott? Is he really so knackered after playing a couple of matches. The team was not balanced : you could see it a mile off.
Every farking time we get near autos something like this happens.
I've always supported Matt but today he selected the wrong players and the wrong system, and that was glaringly opposite.
C'mon Matt. Stop this farking rotation
carp and play your best team : we ain't no Real Madrid that can win with any old team selection

Edna Clouds

Ref was conned as far as I am concerned. Never a red. Not even sure if it was a booking, need to see it again. I do think I would prefer starting with strongest team and sub players off if either heavy win or loss.

Legohead

Banned
Fisher --- ha ha ha ha ha...he has not got a clue!
I actually thought he did ok for the last 5/10 minutes when he came on at Colchester. I wasn't too unhappy with him being given the chance today. With him not being given a chance for so long i thought he might actually have started giving a sh*t about the people who pay his wages but today proves me wrong. If we could pay him off now and kick him down the road then i'd 100% advocate that happening. An absolute disgrace.

Just a shocking day at the office for everyone today, including the officials - although it was a penalty - just not a red card.

Credit to Crawley. I think questions need asking of them though how they were able to play like THEY couldn't give a toss for nearly an hour and only coming to life when we went down to ten men. Poor attitude from their players but overall they put us under pressure for that 10 minute spell or so after the sending off and we gave away a daft penalty.

Forget about this and hope results today in L2 go our way i say and i expect a lot better and a lot more common sense from Matty on tuesday.

ChardGrecian

Absolute rubbish - completely wrong line up and tactics - where was Randall and Willmott. Fisher died nothing all game, Attangana blames others for his crap passes. Why take Jay and Seymour off and leave donkey Fisher on. Taylor needs to responsibilty for that trash and awful subs.

Didn't think the foul warranted a red....booking yes but never a red for me.
Poor challenge by Parkes + poor reaction from Parkes + predictable reaction from opposing players = red card.

Parkes was in direct control of two of the three factors which led to the red card. He made two bad choices and City paid the price.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
I was so looking forward to that match and the second half was a total let down.You could see the game plan Taylor came out with.Contain them and then snatch a goal.Did the first part fine in the first 45 minutes.They weren't a threat

Then the sending off...

Wasn't a red ,but Parkes should have played the aftermath smarter.Soon as that other player touched him,he should have gone down like he was shot.Would have been 2 yellows.After that it was only a matter of time.Wasn't helped by poor decision making from Taylor.As far as changing the starting line up is concerned,we don't know what minor injuries some of the players are carrying,so I will leave out an opinion on that.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
We are nearly into March and the two strikers who started have scored one goal each this season, add to that we didn't even have another striker on the bench and it's a recipe for disaster.

Dreadful day.

Pobbop

Well none of that was good, but hey we move on...

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Poor challenge by Parkes + poor reaction from Parkes + predictable reaction from opposing players = red card.

Parkes was in direct control of two of the three factors which led to the red card. He made two bad choices and City paid the price.
Spot on, others will just blame the ref though.

Status
Not open for further replies.