• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Max Payne 2

Anyone have stats for the W-D-L with Key in the back 4?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Is it me or did I hear a faint voice from the Crawley bench saying :"that's right, go down" a split second before the bloke did go down?
Looked a very soft penalty, anyway

From Conspiracy Rebellion..

Legohead

Banned
Another conspiracy that could be argued is that surrounding Seymour. Something just doesn't add up.

I watched the post match Colchester interview from MT and when he was asked about Seymour he praised him for his effort, running the channels and his goal and said that he brought Fisher on for the last 5 to help out with a 'bit of physicality'. MT then proceeded to say, 'It'll change again this weekend (Crawley), Ben Seymour can't play every minute of every game but he's got a goal to his name which has been a long time coming, and hopefully it's a foundation for him to build on'

I then watched the post match Crawley interview from MT. He was asked if there was a sense of deja vu regarding the hauling off of Seymour after Parkes got sent off, as that is what happened at Newport. MT said that it wasn't a case of deja vu, it's the right thing to do in terms of giving yourselves a chance. I think most sensible people could agree, based on the evidence that we saw in that first hour that the right thing to do was get Fisher off instead.

'Ben Seymour was on low anyway, on the back of his 90 minutes on Tuesday night. People talk about the sacrificing of Ben Seymour, i honestly don't care in relation to that, it's about what's doing right for this group of players and Ben in fairness, he played tired today. He wouldn't have played if Ryan had have been available. That was his first 90 minutes in a long time, his first 90 minutes on a sapping pitch and he had very little energy and that probably showed in his performance whilst he was on the pitch'

It's all a bit weird IMO. Claiming Seymour lacked energy yet leaving on Fisher who lacked even more. Why a 20 year old would be low after scoring the winner and getting his first start for ages in the match previously and also tired and lacking energy needs answering properly. As it makes no logical sense. As does the statement that Seymour can't play every minute of every game, which is perhaps true but to be thinking of dropping him because of fatigue after a few games is odd.

It also just sounded like digs in the general direction of Seymour. Such as the goal has been a long time coming and not caring about sacrificing Seymour and pointing out that Seymour wouldn't have played if Bowman had been available. Then also indicating that he didn't do very well at Crawley because he had very little energy and 'that probably showed in his performance on the pitch'.

Hardly encouraging stuff for the young lad really. Especially off the back of a winning goal performance.

I saw Seymour working harder than Fisher. I saw Seymour prepared to run about into the channels and make runs for the ball. I saw Seymour actually try to do his best for the football club and the fans. I didn't see Fisher do any of this. I'd rather have a tired, low Seymour on the pitch than a fully fit, raring to go Fisher if yesterday was anything to go by.

Seymour tired?!! When i was 20 i'd be out around town night after night getting tanked up and not getting in until 3am and then getting up at 7am to do a 8 hour shift in dog kennels. Training, cleaning and walking dogs for miles. How can Seymour be tired?!

Last edited:

Trapdoor

This game highlights how much we exclusively rely on Ryan Bowman.

Without him we look completely ineffective. Only having 1 decent striker would be a problem for most clubs, but he's out of contract at the end of the season and wont be short of other options. We need at least 2 first choice strikers as a priority, but based on MTs track record of signing strikers, I'm not looking forward to the summer window regardless of which league we are in.

IndoMike

This game highlights how much we exclusively rely on Ryan Bowman.

Without him we look completely ineffective. Only having 1 decent striker would be a problem for most clubs, but he's out of contract at the end of the season and wont be short of other options. We need at least 2 first choice strikers as a priority, but based on MTs track record of signing strikers, I'm not looking forward to the summer window regardless of which league we are in.
You wouldn't be surprised if we just got the scraps. Where are the young non-league diamonds or promising youngsters needing a game from the upper divisions. There's no point signing quality players that are past their expiry date or carrying long - term injuries. This season is proving the value of youth

Max Payne 2

"Hardly encouraging stuff for the young lad really. Especially off the back of a winning goal performance. "

Heresy around these parts I know, but I have a feeling that KMT's style and man management behind the scenes is creating a lot of conflict and division in the club. Cliques which featured very prominently under Paul Tisdale, seem to be very much a thing still.

fred binneys head

"Hardly encouraging stuff for the young lad really. Especially off the back of a winning goal performance. "

Heresy around these parts I know, but I have a feeling that KMT's style and man management behind the scenes is creating a lot of conflict and division in the club. Cliques which featured very prominently under Paul Tisdale, seem to be very much a thing still.
What evidence do you have for that, or is it just another load of vacuous “I have no evidence, it’s just my opinion” codswallop?

“I have a feeling” - do me a favour.

fred binneys head

Seymour tired?!! When i was 20 i'd be out around town night after night getting tanked up and not getting in until 3am and then getting up at 7am to do a 8 hour shift in dog kennels. Training, cleaning and walking dogs for miles. How can Seymour be tired?
Not comparable in any way whatsoever. Anyone can do what you did, not anyone can be a professional footballer (in terms of fitness).

IndoMike

The 9-man fighting performance v Newport probably puts your theory to bed. Not the performance of a team lacking harmony.
But it's normal that the lads have their group of friends within the squad, like you do when you work in an office or factory.
But when you put on the shirt you're all mates : "All for one and one for all" etc.
UTC

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I heard Taylor nicked one of Seymour's cheeseburgers on Tuesday evening.

Status
Not open for further replies.