• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Crawley v Exeter City match day thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red red

Time now to play best 11 every game no more messing about. The back 3 doesn’t work. Taylor himself we must play with pace going forward hence bringing in Willmott. We have enough pace on the wings to rotate if he wants but we must now revert to 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2.
Fisher is good enough .Seymour maybe. Play the under 18 striker but get pace in the team and go for it.
Rather see us go down fighting than that dross yesterday

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Time now to play best 11 every game no more messing about. The back 3 doesn’t work. Taylor himself we must play with pace going forward hence bringing in Willmott. We have enough pace on the wings to rotate if he wants but we must now revert to 4 4 1 1 or 4 4 2.
Fisher is good enough .Seymour maybe. Play the under 18 striker but get pace in the team and go for it.
Rather see us go down fighting than that dross yesterday
Agree, if our top performers are struggling with tiredness with the two games a week schedule they should miss a training session or two in between not the next match...yesterday’s changes sucked all the energy out of the side to our detriment.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've never thought that Taylor is a particularly good manager. Somebody would have started a Taxi for Taylor thread long ago, had it not been for the covid intervention. I've never been convinced by his post match overviews/explanations, or his ideas of putting a sensible team together. One thing that Taylor does have, that Tisdale severely lacked is personality and likeability. I swear that occasionally Taylor is close to chuckling when being interviewed, although not so much after matches. He tends to lean largely on jibberish for them, presented in a very nearly believable fashion. Like many managers in these extraordinary times though, he fits the bill, thats about it IMHO.
:ROFLMAO:

Up there with your best work Pete !!

:ROFLMAO:

Topsham Boy

I'm generally a fan of Taylor's tactics and team selections but he made a bit of a mess of it today, even if he waslet down by some of the players. Switching the setup to a back three was totally ineffective, and the substitutions were also poor. Why he took off Matt Jay for McArdle at 0-0 after the red card, despite still having a back four on the pitch, only he knows. He introduced Randall far too late as well.

Let's hope for an improvement on Tuesday. We can't afford to throw away any more matches
Agree.
Poor team selection from the start.
Poor substitutions.....and MT often waits too long to make changes.
Fisher and Ajose.... just no.
We are going round in circles it feels.

Topsham Boy

So annoyed at that. Fisher was horrendous and should of came off at half time with a change of shape and players. Hartridge is very long ball. Parkes shouldn’t of dived in. Caprice shouldn’t of hand his hand on him to get past him after he fell over (wasn’t a pen IMO). Very, very flat and boring game. Got what we deserved.
Fisher is a waste of a shirt. Parkes def. was a sending off. Sadly it also was a penalty IMO, Caprice had hold of the attackers shirt and clearly pulled him back. Poor game...Crawley are nothing special......we lost that game rather than them winning it.

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree, if our top performers are struggling with tiredness with the two games a week schedule they should miss a training session or two in between not the next match...yesterday’s changes sucked all the energy out of the side to our detriment.
I seem to remember that the great 80s Liverpool side of Lawrenson, Hansen, Dalgleish etc hardly trained at all in the final third of the season, just played two matches a week (league, cup and Euro) and kept fit that way

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Amongst all the disappointment it is worth remembering that prior to Parkes moment of madness we didn't look like conceding.

If we had come away with a 0 - 0 it wouldn't have been considered a bad point.

Taylor cannot legislate for Parkes losing the plot.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I seem to remember that the great 80s Liverpool side of Lawrenson, Hansen, Dalgleish etc hardly trained at all in the final third of the season, just played two matches a week (league, cup and Euro) and kept fit that way
Sounds like Ajose, oh wait he doesn't play games either. :rolleyes:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
YouTube highlights

Ex-ciderrr

I cant say I’m surprised, if Bowman ever was to get injured or banned then this was the worst case scenario - having to play games with Fisher and or Seymour up front, it’s quite clear for a while now they aren’t good enough. After failure to lure a striker to the club in January we are now paying the price. They might pinch a goal here and there, great and all very well but come on, I dread to look at Fishers record for us and are weve had to wait 20 odd appearances for Seymour to score. if you want to get promoted out this league those two arent the answer. But weve got to back what we’ve got and just hope really.

the tiredness comment is baffling, young striker in his 20s off the back of scoring his first league goal would be buzzing, you could see from his interview at col u he was! And knowing he would have another opportunity on sat would be at it again I’d be running off adrenaline after that 1st goal regardless of how tired I felt or was. I’m not sure what way the interviews intended weather it’s Seymour genuinely tired or Taylor, I can’t decide Lol!

I expect Bowman to go straight back into the starting 11 upon return.

I’ve Thought it for a while now but after watching a number of games recently, I’m going to say my verdict is out on Sparkes. Yesterday was just a number of poor performances I’ve seen him produce now.

Status
Not open for further replies.