• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Craig Woodman

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Didn't quite get to stay here long enough to be awarded a testimonial. Pity.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Great servant over many years. Has never let us down, despite not always being a fans favourite. Bit of an unsung hero over recent years. Best wishes Craig.
I don't know, he developed a bit of a cult following...well me at least. I'm sure there are others.

arthur

Didn't quite get to stay here long enough to be awarded a testimonial. Pity.
Does anyone these days? Has there been one since Steve Flack's?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Does anyone these days? Has there been one since Steve Flack's?
No one stays long enough! 10 years stay needed I think.

andrew p long

I don't know, he developed a bit of a cult following...well me at least. I'm sure there are others.
and not just for his non celebration. I remember one celebration of a really vital goal where the scorer was mobbed by nine outfield players. No prizes for guessing who was the tenth, not joining in...

and he started to get the credit he deserved with Tis comment about ‘playing like Beckenbauer’. And it is plain that MT holds him in high regard.

more than 500 league starts and more than 625 career appearances. Not many achieve that nowadays.

arthur

My favourite non celebration was Mike Cecere after Buster scored That Goal against Fulham. Although he was the player closest to him (he was hoping for a pass probably), he just turned and walked back to the centre circle

Rosencrantz

and not just for his non celebration. I remember one celebration of a really vital goal where the scorer was mobbed by nine outfield players. No prizes for guessing who was the tenth, not joining in...

and he started to get the credit he deserved with Tis comment about ‘playing like Beckenbauer’. And it is plain that MT holds him in high regard.

more than 500 league starts and more than 625 career appearances. Not many achieve that nowadays.
I liked Jayden's story in his recent interview when Woody crossed for Jayden to score his first City goal up at Morecambe he looked across but Woody was already walking back towards the halfway line so he ran off to the City fans instead 😀

Woody became a joy to watch for his positioning and control as he adapted his game to his body. Really intelligent footballer. Can't remember who it was against this season, one of the u23 or FLT games, but for the time he was on the pitch, he controlled the game from left back and talked the younger players around him through the game.

budegrecian

There are indeed others; I'm certainly one. As someone who spent the best part of 20 years as a, very ordinary, left back, I always have an affinity for a good City LB & Woody was certainly that. His dummy v Reuben, his performance v Argyle this season & yes his goal and CELEBRATION v Scunthorpe. Great stuff.

ryancooper327

I wish he had social media for a statement.

“Thanks, Craig.”

STURTZ

Woodman has always been a favourite with me. Loved the way a young and enthuastic winger would jink up to him him, go through numerous step overs, side steps and dummies. Woody would just stick out his foot and take the ball and set off up the pitch, Genius! Always likened it to that bit in Indiana Jones when the baddie approached Indy with swirling knives from muultiple arms, Indiana Jones just takes out a gun and shoots him. That was Woody that was, no fuss and quality. I'll miss him.