• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
How are other recent sufferers? I've been back at work since Sunday, but I'm totally exhausted! I sleep really well, especially when I get chance to watch the TdeF. I was hoping that I'd be in better shape by now! Not planning on going running for a few weeks, and I've got 4 days in Belfast from tomorrow so not sure what I'll be organising but will curtail walking plans.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
How are other recent sufferers? I've been back at work since Sunday, but I'm totally exhausted! I sleep really well, especially when I get chance to watch the TdeF. I was hoping that I'd be in better shape by now! Not planning on going running for a few weeks, and I've got 4 days in Belfast from tomorrow so not sure what I'll be organising but will curtail walking plans.
For me it was 3 - 4 days of being absolutely shattered with a slight sore throat - it felt like I had been out since 3am the night before.

I woke up on day 5 (?) feeling absolutely tip top and had no issues since.

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
I’ve been ok, touch wood..Knackered for a week or so after I tested negative..Got a bit of the ‘black dog’ but that’s probably due a few circumstances rather than any after effects.

I was a really quick walker pre catching C19, I seem to have really slowed down since, so a bit to go to get my fitness levels back to normal..Still not too bad for a old git just the wrong side of 60 😎😁

Alistair20000

MIL aged 87 in hospital after operation for broken femur and knee, some dementia and who refused all Covid jabs appears to have recovered from her recent bout of Covid.

Mr Jinx

MIL aged 87 in hospital after operation for broken femur and knee, some dementia and who refused all Covid jabs appears to have recovered from her recent bout of Covid.
but, but, but...

Mine was odd. I think I caught it twice in quick succession.

First was raspy voice. Second time was a cough. But otherwise felt absolutely fine.

I had the first jab 14 months ago, no boosters since.

Alistair20000

but, but, but...

Mine was odd. I think I caught it twice in quick succession.

First was raspy voice. Second time was a cough. But otherwise felt absolutely fine.

I had the first jab 14 months ago, no boosters since.
It is all odd how Mr Covid impacts.

Son 29 got Covid last week; fully vaccinated. Horrid cough for several days and knackered. Compare that to his grandmother. Bizarre.

Antony Moxey

Absolutely fine. Monday was day six so I went back to work. Felt a bit tired when I got home that afternoon but since then it’s been like I never had it. Haven’t been back in the pool yet though, might give it a miss tomorrow then get back in next week.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thanks for your responses interesting to see how it affects people differently, though we might be infected with different variants.

Mr Jinx

At a CNN town hall in Cincinatti July 21st 2021, Joe Biden said, and I quote - "You're not going to get COVID if you get these vaccinations". If ever there were words that could come back and haunt you.

And there's everyone here calling Boris a steaming liar.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?

DB9

At a CNN town hall in Cincinatti July 21st 2021, Joe Biden said, and I quote - "You're not going to get COVID if you get these vaccinations". If ever there were words that could come back and haunt you.

And there's everyone here calling Boris a steaming liar.

Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?
No because anyone who knows that the vaccines did not stop you getting Covid, It did though stop the worse symptoms and the deaths and hospitalisations since have proved this. As for Biden, Bless him, He struggles to know when to stop reading from a autoque.