• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's definitely a new surge going on around our way.

Don't know of anyone affected really badly, with the vast majority it's fairly transient. Wonder when we can just get on with our lives and call it a cough/cold/flu/chest infection and treat it the same? It's never going away.
Correct. The late 60’s Hong Kong flu is still around but pretty harmless.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Stayed clear all this time, and I assumed I was knackered because of a hectic weekend. But I've tested positive.

HH12

Well-known Exeweb poster
Stayed clear all this time, and I assumed I was knackered because of a hectic weekend. But I've tested positive.
Similar Mrs Dozen tested positive yesterday :(

Oldsmobile-88

I sadly know the feeling...Tiredness is a classic symptom of the particular strain doing the rounds at the moment..I was sleeping for 10 + hours for a few days.

Alistair20000

A lot of cases at present. MIL has picked it up in RD&E while in for an operation for a fractured femur. Covid ward is apparently full. As she refused to have any of the vaccinations we will need to see how things go.

Mr Jinx

I think most people we know have had it this past month (including us). I have to say...it's absolutely the best time of year to get it. No-one we know has been hospitalised in this wave.

Strangely, I think I may have caught it twice, if not thrice in quick succession.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Had it last week, felt absolutely fine other than I was absolutely shattered. Slept and slept, as did the missus

DB9

All over 50's to be offered a booster jab in the Autumn, Sensible I think and I'll take it up.

Antony Moxey

Yep, got the two lines on Wednesday. Felt tired with a cough, sore throat and headache but two days on I’m just a bit tired now. Hopefully I’ll be back to work on Monday, but at least I’ve had the chance to catch up on a lot of TV series and some epic Tour de France stages these last couple of days 😄

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Yep, got the two lines on Wednesday. Felt tired with a cough, sore throat and headache but two days on I’m just a bit tired now. Hopefully I’ll be back to work on Monday, but at least I’ve had the chance to catch up on a lot of TV series and some epic Tour de France stages these last couple of days 😄
Such wonderful countryside they ride through! I've enjoyed the last two days.