• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A John Hopkins university study has just come out indicating that Lockdowns saved just 10,000 lives across the whole of Europe and the US combined.

You have to ask - was it really worth it?
This study?

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
This study?

Well rubbished.

Have you stumbled across articles claiming the opposite (e.g. that many millions of lives were saved)?

iscalad

A John Hopkins university study has just come out indicating that Lockdowns saved just 10,000 lives across the whole of Europe and the US combined.

Ask one of the 10,000

angelic upstart

Some food for thought. As a result of covid, my 29 month old has never seen anyone from the NHS in his life. I got a letter earlier saying this won't happen prior to him being three as there's too much pressure on the NHS.

The ticking time bomb of millions of children being under nourished, unable to do simple things is already upon us. It's fine for me and my family, as we've had children and know how it all works and he's been a regular in nursery since he was one. You can bet your bottom dollar that there's thousands of first time parents bewildered at the lack of support.

IndoMike

This study?

Thanks for that, Hants. Constant flow of fake news is going to get us all into trouble, sooner or later.

IndoMike

You really should do more research before posting fake news...

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some food for thought. As a result of covid, my 29 month old has never seen anyone from the NHS in his life. I got a letter earlier saying this won't happen prior to him being three as there's too much pressure on the NHS.

The ticking time bomb of millions of children being under nourished, unable to do simple things is already upon us. It's fine for me and my family, as we've had children and know how it all works and he's been a regular in nursery since he was one. You can bet your bottom dollar that there's thousands of first time parents bewildered at the lack of support.
That's sad.

My little one is 31 months old and we have had exactly the same. She is our only child but luckily she seems absolutely fine but it's all a bit concerning.

Grecian2K

This study?

Absolutely not Hants.

Jinxy referred to the JOHN Hopkins study. Clearly an entirely different beast to your JohnS-Hopkins reference.

I don't know next you'll be trying to convince us that the barsteward who carried out the latest dreadful Texas shooting was NOT a "Transexual illegal immigrant" as many of the right wing tw@tterati have been trying to claim.

Colesman Ballz

Two people from Exeter have been vaccinated against monkeypox. They received precautionary smallpox jabs after coming into close contact with an infected person.

Grecian2K

Two people from Exeter have been vaccinated against monkeypox. They received precautionary smallpox jabs after coming into close contact with an infected person.
Never realised WeeMissy (formerly of this parish) had that many friends.