• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
It's good to see that the UK isn't the only country to come up with policies and directives on the back of focus groups.

What a flip/flop and a shambles.
Think Australia have been consistently hard in their approach to lockdowns etc This imo is a case of Novak thinking he's above people, The Aussie nation has had to endure far more than us for example.

Mr Jinx

This imo is a case of Novak thinking he's above people
Yes very much your opinion.

Novak was very clear from the start what his position was and he was then given clearance to play.

And then public opinion from the pantwetters happened and government and sporting bodies got scared. We're seeing it happen all over the world.

DB9

Yes very much your opinion.

Novak was very clear from the start what his position was and he was then given clearance to play.

And then public opinion from the pantwetters happened and government and sporting bodies got scared. We're seeing it happen all over the world.
"Pantwetters" is your opinion, For me Australia done things their way, You might not agree but tough.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think their treatment of Djokovic has been appalling and actually quite worrying in terms of where we are heading.

As Jinx said, he was told he could play, then essentially arrested, then told he can play, now being deported.

If he's tested negative...WHO CARES?!

iscalad

I think their treatment of Djokovic has been appalling and actually quite worrying in terms of where we are heading.

As Jinx said, he was told he could play, then essentially arrested, then told he can play, now being deported.

If he's tested negative...WHO CARES?!
Trouble is, he didn't care when he tested positive.

Antony Moxey

Because he’s a liar and, like most famous people including our idiot prime minister and the queen’s sex pest son, think the rules don’t apply to them and it’s all beneath them. They treat the law and public with risible contempt, with their sneering ‘explanations‘, denials and blame shifting: it was an aide that filled the forms out wrong, breaking his own country’s lockdown rules by going out in public and giving a public interview knowing he was positive for Covid.

Who cares how the Australians treated him - he was hardly banged up in a remand centre - it’s their country, they can let in who they like. Djokovic thought he could just rock up, get his skivvies to deal with security and Bob’s your tea pot, I’m Novak Djokovic, I’m the best in the world, I’m here to do what I do so let me in, let me show you what’s what, given me millions and off I f*** when I’ve won.

Well tough sh** mate, you self entitled narcissistic twerp. Can’t obey the rules, or think you’re above all that - they’re only for the poor after all - well, Australia doesn’t think so, so good on them. ’Appalling’ indeed, how he’s suffered. The horror. The horror…

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Because he’s a liar and, like most famous people including our idiot prime minister and the queen’s sex pest son, think the rules don’t apply to them and it’s all beneath them. They treat the law and public with risible contempt, with their sneering ‘explanations‘, denials and blame shifting: it was an aide that filled the forms out wrong, breaking his own country’s lockdown rules by going out in public and giving a public interview knowing he was positive for Covid.

Who cares how the Australians treated him - he was hardly banged up in a remand centre - it’s their country, they can let in who they like. Djokovic thought he could just rock up, get his skivvies to deal with security and Bob’s your tea pot, I’m Novak Djokovic, I’m the best in the world, I’m here to do what I do so let me in, let me show you what’s what, given me millions and off I f*** when I’ve won.

Well tough sh** mate, you self entitled narcissistic twerp. Can’t obey the rules, or think you’re above all that - they’re only for the poor after all - well, Australia doesn’t think so, so good on them. ’Appalling’ indeed, how he’s suffered. The horror. The horror…
Let us know how you really feel! ;)

elginCity

....... it’s their country, they can let in who they like.......
Yes, a nation controlling its borders, something Nigel Farage appears to have a problem with nowadays.

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

If you were standing for MP or even PM , AM , I would definitely consider voting for you!

DB9

Novak has lost his appeal and is set to be deported from Australia and if i'm right can be excluded from the country for up to 3 yrs (It won't happen i think) As I've said you can moan about the rules the Aussies have, They decided from the start to go down this "Hard Anti-Covid" route and polling in Aus suggests 80% of their people back the Government on this so tough, Its entirely up to them how they rule their country and if you want to visit for work/pleasure then obey the rules and don't think you're above the law.