• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Well yes, but I don't think many people realised that, whereas they do now. I used to get it every year as I mistakenly believed it would stop me getting the flu. I now won't begin getting them again until I reach 70.
Except, much like the COVID vaccine, it does significantly decrease the likelihood of you catching flu. If you're expecting the vaccine to give you 100% protection then that's on you; no vaccine in the history of the world has ever done that.

Radio Free Skaro

Just wondered what people's and the Government's response to the latest Covid surge should be? Apparenrtly there are over 40 people in the Royal Devon with Covid and I know of severall people who have it.

Should we panic, ignore it or something in between ?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just wondered what people's and the Government's response to the latest Covid surge should be? Apparenrtly there are over 40 people in the Royal Devon with Covid and I know of severall people who have it.

Live with it.

Radio Free Skaro

Live with it.
We have to live with it yes, but what is the best approach?

Alistair20000

The tried and tested old ways. The clinically vulnerable shield and everyone else gets on with their lives.

DB9

Have you seen what the last lockdown did? I'm not saying that was wrong but the repercussions to our economy/public services we will feel for years to come.

Alistair20000

Have you seen what the last lockdown did? I'm not saying that was wrong but the repercussions to our economy/public services we will feel for years to come.
Not to forget all the other harm to physical and mental health as the National Covid service failed to deal with anything other than Covid.

Lockdowns the most disastrous policy failure ever.

DB9

Not to forget all the other harm to physical and mental health as the National Covid service failed to deal with anything other than Covid.

Lockdowns the most disastrous policy failure ever.
Why I said the lockdown wasn't wrong is that we didn't know anything about Covid, Lots of scare mongering even from Government and of course the media, I believe if we knew then what we know now about how screwed things are now I think we'd taken a different course, Like you say Al, Protect the vulnerable and the rest we get on with our lives.

Grecian68

The Tories partied while people died, and gave all our money to their mates, not happening again, time to move on.

tavyred

The Tories partied while people died, and gave all our money to their mates, not happening again, time to move on.
Although to be fair the only real dissenting voices re. the lockdowns was from the Tory backbenches. 🤷‍♂️