• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Red & White

New covid Cases now over 50,000 a day approaching a third of a million new cases a week, its not looking like Covid is over yet to be fair.
I think we are heading towards wearing masks and social distancing becoming compulsory again soon, not sure a full lockdown will be imposed but most likely pubs and sporting venues will be affected again :(

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think we are heading towards wearing masks and social distancing becoming compulsory again soon, not sure a full lockdown will be imposed but most likely pubs and sporting venues will be affected again :(
No they won't, We've learnt a lot about Covid since the last lockdown. Masks in closed indoor quarters is sensible and keeping a distance doean't need a mandate, It needs everyone singing from the same hymn sheet.

Oldsmobile-88

Is the positive Covid test data from LFT or PCR ? or perhaps both ?

I have just caught up with the Quest midweek highlights.It was mentioned that Karl Robinson(Oxford manager)had 3 Positive LFT results,a subsequent PCR to confirm,was Negative !
All very confusing & mudding the water especially when the UK is compared to different European countries on positive tests.

elginCity

Mandated mask wearing in indoor settings etc has been proven to work throughout Europe and beyond. Rumour has it that this Vote Leave government is under pressure from the libertarian ERG types to preserve 'freedom and choice' of the sovereign individual, rather than impose what is known to work.

Jacinda Adern has been maligned on here, even sarcastically labelled 'Saint Jacinda' by quite a few, for daring to put public health first. NZ has had 28 Covid deaths in total, and a thriving economy to boot. I don't understand how 'patriots' can ignore the willfull culling of their fellow countrymen, by their ongoing support for this government. What kind of patriotism is that ? Perhaps, they would kindly explain.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mandated mask wearing in indoor settings etc has been proven to work throughout Europe and beyond. Rumour has it that this Vote Leave government is under pressure from the libertarian ERG types to preserve 'freedom and choice' of the sovereign individual, rather than impose what is known to work.

Jacinda Adern has been maligned on here, even sarcastically labelled 'Saint Jacinda' by quite a few, for daring to put public health first. NZ has had 28 Covid deaths in total, and a thriving economy to boot. I don't understand how 'patriots' can ignore the willfull culling of their fellow countrymen, by their ongoing support for this government. What kind of patriotism is that ? Perhaps, they would kindly explain.
If I may speak for our learned colleagues, I believe the theory is she has only delayed the inevitable outbreak. Of course by delaying it until the majority of people have been vaccinated she's probably saved thousands of lives, but that's not really relevant to the libertarians.

DB9

It seems Covid has become a political football, You have to be on one side or the other, Its NOT political its an health emergency.

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
It seems Covid has become a political football, You have to be on one side or the other, Its NOT political its an health emergency.
It should be, but politicians are making the decisions, therefore it becomes political.

DB9

It should be, but politicians are making the decisions, therefore it becomes political.
They are the wrong people to decide, I'm wondering if the Military have been given the heave ho on the booster programme, It has virtually slowed up to a snails pace and stinks of Government taking it over, The vaccination programme was such a success with the politicians leaving it to the Military and NHS and why is the new vaccine minister (Whoever they are) conspicuous by their absence?

Hermann

Well-known Exeweb poster
They are the wrong people to decide, I'm wondering if the Military have been given the heave ho on the booster programme, It has virtually slowed up to a snails pace and stinks of Government taking it over, The vaccination programme was such a success with the politicians leaving it to the Military and NHS and why is the new vaccine minister (Whoever they are) conspicuous by their absence?
She "answered" questions in Parliament yesterday. I haven't seen it, but my understanding is we ended up knowing less than when we started.

iscalad

Getting my booster on Tuesday