• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Covid

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

There's a lot of noise from the health professionals today that some restrictions need to be put into place now, such as compulsory mask wearing, working from home etc to avoid the worst of the effects of covid in the winter. Plan B I believe it's called . I have heard no calls for limits on gatherings that would effect football attendances ....

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Regarding football can't see there being a "closed door" policy again but, in the sudden, belated anxiety about vaccine take-up can see a possible increasing nudge towards "passports" - already being muttered about for clubs, pubs and (even) shops!

Depending on how numbers go over the autumn we could be in for an interesting stand-off between the "libertarians" and the "nanny statists"?

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
Regarding football can't see there being a "closed door" policy again but, in the sudden, belated anxiety about vaccine take-up can see a possible increasing nudge towards "passports" - already being muttered about for clubs, pubs and (even) shops!

Depending on how numbers go over the autumn we could be in for an interesting stand-off between the "libertarians" and the "nanny statists"?
Aren't passports already required in Premiership ?

LOG

Do i need to buy toilet roll and pasta?

Grecian2K

Aren't passports already required in Premiership ?
Don't know? If so, is it actually legally mandatory or just discretionary?

Grecian2K

Do i need to buy toilet roll and pasta?
Yes, and don't forget the tin foil for the helmets!

Suzi & The Banned Cheese

Now that apparently we now live in 4 nations rather than one! don't Wales & Scotland already operate vaccine passports systems ?

DB9

Now that apparently we now live in 4 nations rather than one! don't Wales & Scotland already operate vaccine passports systems ?
Scotland do I think, Wales were but held off? Its very confusing, We're too small an island to have four different positions. IMHO.

Grecian2K

Scotland do I think, Wales were but held off? Its very confusing, We're too small an island to have four different positions. IMHO.
I thought Wales brought them in from Monday - at least for "Night Clubs"
(Although that wouldn't have affected me at my advanced age. Last time I went to one of that kind of establishment they were called "Knight Clubs"...with the Druids spinning the platters)

• Haha
Reactions: DB9

Oldsmobile-88

Face mask wearing is still mandatory in indoor settings in Scotland inc public transport.i stand to be corrected but I think the general stats around Covid are similar to England & Wales.