• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Coventry City V Exeter City Carabao Cup 1st Round - Matchday Thread

edwin_price

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just felt I've had to say "I'm pro MT" whenever I make a criticism so people don't think I'm "Taylor out".

I'm not totally convinced by everything he does but I'm giving him time and 100% support.
Time will tell, time will tell. Interestingly, most of the personel weaknesses that people think we've got are in defence, yet so far (in the real football), we've been solid, but uninspired. Anyway... We'll see.

Corey

Would’ve faced Watford away in second round...

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
So Coventry will enjoy a trip to Premier League Watford in the next round. Bet that at least one City player would have been really up for that one !

StroudGrecian

Ben Chrisene coming on to consign Amps to history.
I've a feeling Ollie Watkins made his full debut for ECFC away to Coventry in some meaningless cup competition too.

SimonBB

Moving Sparkes up the pitch seems to have made a difference for us, though I appreciate that Coventry have pro baby taken their foot off the pedal.
They pro baby did

LDNGrecian

Need to make changes for Saturday with Parkes suspended....hopefully Sparks will get a start but midfield not fullback
So replace Law or Williams?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I've a feeling Ollie Watkins made his full debut for ECFC away to Coventry in some meaningless cup competition too.
5 year ago,

Ollie's first goal but not first appearance. By chance we were sat next to his family.

Hamon's debut, though..

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
We're $h!t, I'm fearful

IndoMike

We're $h!t, I'm fearful
Sounds like this team was thrown together without much preparation. Not surprised by the result. Respect to the City fans who showed and supported the team, but not many cared about this match: attendance was around 1800.
If we can beat Swindon, 9 points from 3 games is a good start, and don't forget there are many shittier teams than us in Div 2. Chin up, old bean

Dannyred

Totally disappointed by the weak team put out tonight.