• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

County Show

older-codger

The Chiefs have a stand at the County Show but didn't see one for ECFC. Is this a lost opportunity?

Grecian_In_Exile

Very well known Exeweb poster
Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
Probably, where's there's muck, there's brass ;)

David Treharne

I can't speak for the current situation, but we did attend in 2004 with some help from Martin's Caravans and the goodwill of the FITC staff. Our overall impression was that given where we were situated (the outer reaches of a distant galaxy) unless you were in a conspicuous position relatively few people were likely to chance upon you, unless they knew you were there. It also took up an enormous amount of time because in order to maximise opportunities you needed to be there early and stay late. At the 2005 show we were moved to a rather better location in a large marquee, but again it was a freebie, and though there was a large amount of effort put into the display we thought that, by and large, we were seen as a good place to deposit youngsters whilst Mum and Dad visited the nearby Food and Drink tents! There were some classic comments made about even being there from some people who had clearly been affected by the events of 2002-2003!

Pete Martin (CTID)

I also recall our having a presence there in the Gemini Fm tent (when they were big on us) in, I think, 2007. Our bit was actually quite popular as I recall on that occasion, although I agree with David that the value of the exercise is probably a bit limited. If we had the finance and resources to have our own marquee/stands it night be a bit different.

STURTZ

Should've been in the main arena, I was there yesterday, blowing up a van!

LightUser

Not a missed opportunity. Generally expensive to attend, alot of effort and not much net return.
Last time I saw ECFC there was just ahead of the Morecambe play off final and there was seemingly a good trade in commemorative T shirts etc.
This year we have nothing of excitement to sell (new shirts would have been good) and no event to whip up a frenzy of buyers.
Saw the Chiefs stand and kept walking. looked like an opportunity to show off their liveried Land Rover next to a railing of shirts. It wasn't busy.

grecianfaniow

Chiefs need a stand to help gain support rugby is sh*t! I f*cking hate the sport.

The_Original

The #1 MC in Devon, and Exeweb's top boy.
Threads like this **** me off. You are either City or you're not.

I dont want a ground full of people who have seen a stand at the Devon County show so they decided to pop down to SJP for a day trip. Leave this sort of thing to the Chiefs.

Grecian_In_Exile

Definition of stupid, knowing the truth, seeing th
They could or or not become hooked. Taken in the game v Sheff Wed more than likely to return and become a fan, see the game v Yeovil, and probably not. We all started somewhere, with me it was my uncle who took me to my 1st game as a kid. The good lady wife's 1st game was v Bristol Rovers in 2003, an awful 0-0 draw, she still became hooked, thankfully :)

Liam McNamara

oh well a crap sport (egg chasing!) a crap show! perfectly compliment each other imho