• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contrasting November & December

Red Monster

November fixtures all very winnable

Bradford (a) fa cup

Bristol R (H) Efl Trophy

Oldham. (H) L2

Carlisle. (H) L2

Colchester (A) L2

Rochdale. (A) L2

December slightly more tricky!!

Northampton. (H) L2

Tranmere (H) L2

Port Vale. (A). L2

Swindon. (H) L2

FGR. (A) L2

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
My biggest concern is Port Vale on my birthday in December. We should be expecting to win our games regardless and I genuinely look at Village Green and wonder how they are top. I wasn't impressed when they came to us and watch Swindon dismantle them live on Sky (despite Wardy being MoM).

Red Devon

November fixtures all very winnable

Bradford (a) fa cup

Bristol R (H) Efl Trophy

Oldham. (H) L2

Carlisle. (H) L2

Colchester (A) L2

Rochdale. (A) L2

December slightly more tricky!!

Northampton. (H) L2

Tranmere (H) L2

Port Vale. (A). L2

Swindon. (H) L2

FGR. (A) L2
Too easy to assume we’ll easily beat Oldham and Carlisle...didn’t Oldham do the double over us last season despite being in a similar position in the league....I will only count those points once they’re safely in the bag.

dontpassback

I hope we don’t get bullied by Northampton when we play them as we were at Wembley,if Matt Taylor needs any motivation for the team he should show them that game and the complete capitulation that we offered up

Banksy

Too easy to assume we’ll easily beat Oldham and Carlisle...didn’t Oldham do the double over us last season despite being in a similar position in the league....I will only count those points once they’re safely in the bag.
Very wise with City! I think we are getting harder to beat though and our star is on the rise. Maybe it’s our turn for the lucky breaks too this season , like our injury time ricochet of a goal on Saturday. Last season it would probably have stayed out , sometimes it goes like that. I hope we get autos for all the reasons , but for once if we end up in the playoffs maybe our resilience and hard to beat attitude will pay off. Let’s see where we are in the after the January window.

denzel

I hope we don’t get bullied by Northampton when we play them as we were at Wembley,if Matt Taylor needs any motivation for the team he should show them that game and the complete capitulation that we offered up
Few players from either team are still there, and they have a different manager. We have signed players for their 'resilience'. I'm sure that won't be a factor

Alistair20000

Would be no surprise if we underperform against the dross in November and do better against the “better” teams in December.

A visual representation for league fixtures (Nov light blue / Dec, dark blue)

Boxing Day will mark the halfway point, with playing everyone once (assuming no postponements)

1635686344768.png

andrew p long

jeepers, 4 games out of 5 in December against the other teams in the top five.

But the old adages apply- don't look too far ahead, concentrate on winning the next game....

Trapdoor

We have the capability to beat any team in the league, we shouldn't fear any of them.

Having said that we are also capable of losing to almost anyone because of silly mistakes.