• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Contracts for next season

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Goi
There's a huge difference between the two, Shirley. Reading want Jokull to go on loan to as high a level as possible because he's a young keeper and they want to progress him to their first team. Dawson isn't at that stage of his career. I can't see what Wednesday would gain loaning him to a League One club when they are in the same division.
And yet, one presumes, they saw some benefit in loaning him to a League Two club. Am only speculating but I'd have thought a case could be made that Dawson would benefit more from a season playing for a League One club than sitting on the bench at Wednesday.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
And yet, one presumes, they saw some benefit in loaning him to a League Two club. Am only speculating but I'd have thought a case could be made that Dawson would benefit more from a season playing for a League One club than sitting on the bench at Wednesday.
Yes. Loaning him to us was all about getting minutes after a perceived lack of confidence at Wednesday following some errors he made. Quite how another loan would improve his confidence now is beyond me.

ecfc2000

Excluding Ben Hamer, Dawson is the best keeper I've seen between our posts. If i were MT, I'd be politely asking the board to get their cheque books out to make Sheff W a serious offer for his services on a permanent long term basis.

Bridgy 81

Excluding Ben Hamer, Dawson is the best keeper I've seen between our posts. If i were MT, I'd be politely asking the board to get their cheque books out to make Sheff W a serious offer for his services on a permanent long term basis.
Even if we had or could find the money to buy him and Wednesday were prepared to sell, why would he walk away from the remaining 2 years of his (Championship) contract?
There’s no way we could afford pay him those wages for the next 2 years.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Even if we had or could find the money to buy him and Wednesday were prepared to sell, why would he walk away from the remaining 2 years of his (Championship) contract?
There’s no way we could afford pay him those wages for the next 2 years.
Is correct. If he halved his salary it would put him on nearly double what the rest of the team is earning. Would love to see him here next season, but the only way I could see that is if Wednesday and City get promoted and Wednesday loan him back to us.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Is correct. If he halved his salary it would put him on nearly double what the rest of the team is earning. Would love to see him here next season, but the only way I could see that is if Wednesday and City get promoted and Wednesday loan him back to us.
Largely agree but not sure what difference it would make if Wednesday were in the Championship or League One. If he's not going to be their No. 1, I'd have thought there's a chance he will be loaned out but, after his performances this season, I imagine they might insist that were that to happen it would be at a minimum of League One level.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Largely agree but not sure what difference it would make if Wednesday were in the Championship or League One. If he's not going to be their No. 1, I'd have thought there's a chance he will be loaned out but, after his performances this season, I imagine they might insist that were that to happen it would be at a minimum of League One level.
I gather that Cam had loan offers from League One clubs but Wednesday didn't accept them so presumably they don't want him playing for a league rival. Whether they would see us as a rival or not is another question 😀

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
I gather that Cam had loan offers from League One clubs but Wednesday didn't accept them so presumably they don't want him playing for a league rival. Whether they would see us as a rival or not is another question 😀
Our home form has been quite impressive against them in the limited meetings over the years:)

Colesman Ballz

We are led to be believe that Cam's current contract is in the region of £10k a week, or half a million a year. There are two more seasons left to run on it. That is probably just over 25% of our entire playing budget. We no doubt are paying just a proportion of that. I can't imagine we could offer him more than a third of that, would you be prepared to give up two thirds of a million in pay over 24months ? And that is before you add any transfer fee into the mix.
I like Cam and think he has done a superb job for us, but think the best that we can hope for is another seasons loan, and that itself would be an exceedingly long shot.
You mention Ben Hamer, who might actually be a slightly more realistic proposition, Bristol City sent him out on loan to Swansea, but he seems to have fallen out of favour there. I don't know how good his form is these days, but even he is going to have high wage demands after being Schmeichel's understudy in the Premiersh**e !

iscalad

Pub team according to one of their previous managers