• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Congratulations to England Women

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
But the one thing everyone has not mentioned is Germany lost their best player in the warm up
and if Pop had played I honestly think the result could have been different
Could of, Would of, Should of. We played our game and won, Sorry the Germans lost their main person but hey, Them's the breaks, Can't say they would have won with her, We're Women's Euro 2022 Champs and they're not.

Philecfc

Could of, Would of, Should of. We played our game and won, Sorry the Germans lost their main person but hey, Them's the breaks, Can't say they would have won with her, We're Women's Euro 2022 Champs and they're not.
I said in my view it could have been different not anyone else's. Yes those are the breaks in football but if you lose your best player just before kick off it has to effect your planning and if you take Harry Kane out of the men's team it makes a difference. On this site everyone is going on about if we lose Sam to injury we don't have a plan B. So its the same at every level lose a main person it changes to game.

DB9

I said in my view it could have been different not anyone else's. Yes those are the breaks in football but if you lose your best player just before kick off it has to effect your planning and if you take Harry Kane out of the men's team it makes a difference. On this site everyone is going on about if we lose Sam to injury we don't have a plan B. So its the same at every level lose a main person it changes to game.
I'm saying that shit happens, Teams lose players through injury all the time and they adapt and get on with it, If they lose the manager or other players don't say it was because we lost a player to injury, Nombe and Stubbs were injured and out for us last season at various times, It was a bugger but we adapted, Other players stepped up, Didn't do us any harm? What you have to ask is why the German's didn't do the same.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with this, I felt England rode their luck a bit in the game against Spain too where they were outplayed for the majority of the game.

Generally to win a tournament you need these breaks to go for you and thankfully for England they did.

fred binneys head

Germany were the better side for more of the match, but England toughed it out and scored more goals - fair play to them.

Martin Weiler

Lovely interview with Sarah Pollard - one of the early Lionesses. She played, and scored, for England in 1979 while at Torquay. She later played for Exeter City.

Rosencrantz

I was at Wembley on Sunday and it was a good game of two good evenly matched teams. They play hard and fair (at the moment) but as the game progresses I am sure the same will happen as it has in the men's game as more money is involved. But the one thing everyone has not mentioned is Germany lost their best player in the warm up
and if Pop had played I honestly think the result could have been different
England have been without their Captain and centre back Steph Houghton all year. Injuries are part of the game.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

England have been without their Captain and centre back Steph Houghton all year. Injuries are part of the game.
Also, Who knows? If she'd played she might have been kept in the pocket of one of our defenders, She didn't play, We won, Job done. 👍

Bridgy 81

I wasn’t sure where to put this but I think it’s good that the relevant people have recognized the issue and agreed that the England Women’s team should wear blue (not white) shorts.
They’re a brilliant team and should receive our support in whatever ways that are necessary.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
I wasn’t sure where to put this but I think it’s good that the relevant people have recognized the issue and agreed that the England Women’s team should wear blue (not white) shorts.
They’re a brilliant team and should receive our support in whatever ways that are necessary.
The men's team should be wearing blue shorts too IMO.