• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Commonwealth Games...

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
...an exciting sporting festival handily scheduled to fill the gap between the World Cup and the start of the football season or a meaningless, expensive indulgence generally lacking in world-class talent?

Silver fox

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Coomonwealth Games...

Looking forward to the swimming Red.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Coomonwealth Games...

I like it - in most of the sports it's still a world class field, plus you get to snigger at the 18 stone 100m runners from Tuvalu.

The one shame is that a number of the top athletes no longer feel obliged to compete, so for example no Bolt in the sprints.

My Mum and stepdad are heading up to watch some of the Badminton, although their trip was rendered somewhat meaningless as his nephew wasn't selected (just coming back from a long injury layoff).

As I'm alone in the office today I suspect I'll be doing a fair amount of watching...!

malcolms

...an exciting sporting festival handily scheduled to fill the gap between the World Cup and the start of the football season or a meaningless, expensive indulgence generally lacking in world-class talent?
A ridiculously hyped up, not even close facsimile, dreamed up to allow the BBC to build a massively expensive studio filled with 100's of publicly funded, overpaid egotists who like to see themselves as important.....

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's like the Europa League of athletics

Antony Moxey

Will be keen to see the actual events rather than the sychophantic jockfest it's already turned into. I was genuinely surprised the Queen read out the message and not that odious smug faced twerp Salmond at the opening ceremony.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Going well for Eng-er-land so far. Just ahead of the Aussies at the top of the medal table.

Norfolk island beating South Africa at bowls was quite amusing.