• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester v Exeter City Playoff MDT

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just a guess, Banksy. i got the feeling we were desperate to get him, or at least get a potential goalscorer in. it was all very last minute. That's why reckon we had to offer him a 3-yr deal. But it's just a guess.
He had one really good season with Swindon, but that was 5 years ago, in a very good side.
Ajose needs an injury free run of 10 or 12 games before the jury can come up with a proper verdict.

Unfortunatley that’s not going to happen soon.
When he first arrived he looked very unfit and he certainly did not look as if he had been looking after himself. He has since played the odd game and indeed scored the odd goal before again being injured.

In my opinion I still think there is a decent player there and have been struck by his positional skills. Indeed I can recall a number of occasions where he has completely lost his marker been in space screaming for the ball which never came to him and you could see just how frustrated he was.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
How was it like the goal he conceded at Swindon? That was a corner with the assist of a hoolie of a wind blowing straight down the pitch. Last night was a free kick that matey might hit once like he did if he had 100 attempts at it.
Agree with that but I do think he could have positioned himself more centrally so that he would have been better able to get over to that side of the goal if as happened the kicker decided to chance his arm and not do what everyone was expecting deliver a cross into the box.

People are suggesting changing keepers but the truth is as we have seen from both this season they are are decent keepers with little to choose between them whom during their time in the team have pulled of some truly remarkable saves but also dropped the odd clanger and unfortunately as we all know unlike outfield players a keeper’s error usually leads to a goal.

Ashford Grecian

Colchester were there for the taking we really missed a trick here with such negative tactics. Great chance to put the tie to bed I doubt the opposition will be soon inept at SJP

grecianstew

Agree a million percent, but we just don't have the players to do that. Our attack routes are totally predictable and easy to defend against.
Whilst I get where you are coming from, I fail to see how any combination of Jay, Seymour, Randall even maybe Chrisene could be more toothless than last night’s showing.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Whilst I get where you are coming from, I fail to see how any combination of Jay, Seymour, Randall even maybe Chrisene could be more toothless than last night’s showing.
Don't get what you mean. Are you agreeing with me or disagreeing?

Red Devon

When he first arrived he looked very unfit and he certainly did not look as if he had been looking after himself. He has since played the odd game and indeed scored the odd goal before again being injured.

In my opinion I still think there is a decent player there and have been struck by his positional skills. Indeed I can recall a number of occasions where he has completely lost his marker been in space screaming for the ball which never came to him and you could see just how frustrated he was.
SB, If he was fit he’d surely be a better option than Lee Martin....In the mean time MT needs to get some pace both sides of Bowman for Monday!

Red Devon

How was it like the goal he conceded at Swindon? That was a corner with the assist of a hoolie of a wind blowing straight down the pitch. Last night was a free kick that matey might hit once like he did if he had 100 attempts at it.
The goal was no fluke, Cohen Bramall was the best player on the pitch his delivery into the box was excellent all evening.

grecIAN Harris

The goal was no fluke, Cohen Bramall was the best player on the pitch his delivery into the box was excellent all evening.
It was no fluke in the fact he went for it but I don't think he could hit it any better than he did if he had another 100 attempts at it.

Legohead

Banned
He only attempted it because the gap that Ward left there was humongous. The highlights actually make it look worse, if that were possible.

GrecianExile

Disappointing result but I’d rather air on the side of positivity, we are just 1-0 down with 90 minutes to play so STILL very much in this tie! Our record at home is good overall, granted we won’t have the advantage of a home crowd but I still feel being at home does help.

I think the team will feel they have something to prove and id hope for a better display and we keep the ball better. If we keep the ball better they have less chances, less corners and free kicks which will limit their chances as for all the criticism there seems to have been of us, their only two real chances came from two free kicks so they didn’t exactly cut us apart.