• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United versus Exeter City - League Two [23 November 2021] matchday thread.

Bridgy 81

Well done the 188
and with Logie on his phone to the ECFC bench letting them know he's here if needed.

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
and with Logie on his phone to the ECFC bench letting them know he's here if needed.
Think he's eaten too many pies :giggle:

Red Devon

The only consolation to a very disappointing match was to finish the evening still in second place…but for how much longer I don’t know.

geoffwp

The only consolation to a very disappointing match was to finish the evening still in second place…but for how much longer I don’t know.
It wont matter though. Only where we are after the final game really matters.

Memphis09

It wont matter though. Only where we are after the final game really matters.
So true
I would take that now

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
No mention of the attendance, if it hadn't have been for the 188 they would have been below 2000, officail figure 2028. Last time fans were allowed in 4739 (christmas break) and season before 3384. How can they afford to run a category 2 academy with this support

Bridgy 81

No mention of the attendance, if it hadn't have been for the 188 they would have been below 2000, officail figure 2028. Last time fans were allowed in 4739 (christmas break) and season before 3384. How can they afford to run a category 2 academy with this support
I wasn't aware of their academy's status but was thinking along similar lines about their finances more generally.
I don't know if their stadium is paid for, but apart from it's location, it's nice but was presumably expensive to build.
I didn't know much about their squad so did a bit of research. As someone else on here said they seem to have a lot of experienced ex Ipswich players in their squad, who I imagine don't come cheap.
eg Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Skuse, Nouble, Judge and Sears with Daniels thrown in who was recently with Bournemouth in the Premier League.
I know it was cold in Colchester on Tuesday evening, as I was there, and they were on a bad run of results but, as you say, take away the travelling support and an attendance below 2,000 is pitiful (less than a fifth of capacity I think).
Also I know it's a small thing but as I mentioned previously there were piles of match day programmes on a table in the concourse before, during and still after the game, which were free.
All seemed a bit unnecessarily profligate to me.

denzel

I wasn't aware of their academy's status but was thinking along similar lines about their finances more generally.
I don't know if their stadium is paid for, but apart from it's location, it's nice but was presumably expensive to build.
I didn't know much about their squad so did a bit of research. As someone else on here said they seem to have a lot of experienced ex Ipswich players in their squad, who I imagine don't come cheap.
eg Gerken, Chambers, Smith, Skuse, Nouble, Judge and Sears with Daniels thrown in who was recently with Bournemouth in the Premier League.
I know it was cold in Colchester on Tuesday evening, as I was there, and they were on a bad run of results but, as you say, take away the travelling support and an attendance below 2,000 is pitiful (less than a fifth of capacity I think).
Also I know it's a small thing but as I mentioned previously there were piles of match day programmes on a table in the concourse before, during and still after the game, which were free.
All seemed a bit unnecessarily profligate to me.
I still have my free programmes from my last two visits to Colchester.
Even at free they were overpriced