• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Josh Key has got the $h1ts !!
And not for the first time this season it appears.

Colchester have sacked their manager Steve Ball

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Are they Orient in disguise?

dontpassback

Not doing well,but I think that’s a bit harsh considering the cuts they made at the end of last season

arthur

Very well known Exeweb poster
We are blessed with a very good manager

IndoMike

Nice win. Pleased for Seymour...hope he can go on from here.
Matt gave the thumbs up for Dan Green : nice one, Matt
Onwards and upwards!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
So good to see Ben on the score sheet a really good header. A number of individuals have been writing written him off but personally I have always thought they were making their judgments far too early.....similar to MJ a couple of seasons ago.

MT obviously thinks he has potential and again, personal opinion, I think he will go on and make his detractors eat their words.....I was delighted for him tonight.

It has been noticeable in recent games that we have been performing as a team confident and believing in what we are capable of achieving as a team and MT must take his share of credit for creating the mind set for this.

Grecian Max

Hope this is the game Seymour steps up and looks like a Football League player.

Pressure on.
✅ great performance from him tonight.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Not doing well,but I think that’s a bit harsh considering the cuts they made at the end of last season
I think this probably highlights how well MT and the team are doing this season. MT was also told he needed to cut 700K from his budget for this season and hence why at the start of the season he was talking about a transitional year!
If you look at the slide Colchester have taken since the playoffs and their budget cuts you could quite easily argue that we are massively overachieving this season.

Regardless of whether we get promoted this season the club and MT should be commended on what we they are doing........But please get in the top 3 and not the playoffs!! ;)😅

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
We seem to be getting into another Law or Jay situation with both Key and Caprice proving to be undroppable at right wing back. Caprice can consider himself unlucky to be dropped after some great recent performances and Key is, once again a powerhouse in running the right flank. We should always favour an academy player but how could we play both and get the best out of them? Dont think either is a winger.
We have 2 games a week for pretty much the rest of the season and neither Key nor Caprice will be able to play every minute of every game so we just rest and rotate to keep them fresh.