• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Colchester United v Exeter City Matchday Thread

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Andresson kicking is concerning as its suggests hes not a natural footballer and the modern day keeper needs to be good with his feet. I know he's only 19 but I'm not sure if kicking the ball cleanly is something that can be coached into a player.

As soon as it inevitably costs a goal or 2 in a game then people will really start to question him. Its ashame as it appears all the other aspects of his game are as good as we've had in a long time in a keeper.

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'd be interested to see a comparison of points per game earned by our 3 keepers. My instinct tells me that we've earned a disproportionate number of points with Jokull

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nah. He would better suit Buckland's style of play :)
But don't they have an artificial pitch? :confused: He'd only be able to play the away games.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Were they not playing when we done them 5-0?
No, Vaughan was injured and Woolery was subbed off injured. Though we were 3-0 up by then.:D

They are a different side now.

STURTZ

I'd be interested to see a comparison of points per game earned by our 3 keepers. My instinct tells me that we've earned a disproportionate number of points with Jokull
Would you have to take off the three points he took off when he beat us as a Morcambe goalie? :rolleyes:

In all reality all we've proved so far this season is that we can actually beat the crap teams, which is an improvement on recent seasons. Start to get excited when we start beating the good teams in league 2.

dontpassback

I get excited when we beat anyone !

andrew p long

Rats! The player filter hasn't come through on the above. We have lost only two games with Jokull (14% of his games played) and seven with other keepers (32%).

In other words we lose twice as often when Jokull hasn't played

Last edited:

RedPaul

Well-known Exeweb poster
Would you have to take off the three points he took off when he beat us as a Morcambe goalie? :rolleyes:

In all reality all we've proved so far this season is that we can actually beat the crap teams, which is an improvement on recent seasons. Start to get excited when we start beating the good teams in league 2.
To be fair we only drew at Southend with the last kick and we have still got to play Barrow twice.

fred binneys head

Don't forget Ajose !
You talking to me or Matty?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
I get excited when we beat anyone !
Maybe you should be a teacher at a public school?