• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Club Customer Service

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
To often we hear about the bad things regards customer service anywhere but I thought I'd mention the great customer service by the Club this morning.
Yesterday I went to purchase tickets online for the game. I went through the process to the end but on the final screen the payment button didn't react. As I have a wireless mouse and an old computer I just simply thought it was a problem my end. I clicked again, still no reaction. So I backed out went through the process again. Same result. I backed out again and it went through to Visa/Mastercard end screen to say the transaction had completed and pressed the final button to end but then an error message came up. I emailed the ticket department to see if the purchase had gone though. Six minutes later I had a reply to say that they had no record of a purchase but if I had been charged to let them know. When I got home after the game my wife is doing her nut because there had been six payments that had gone through to ECFC. One of them was obviously where I had bought the tickets at the ground so I emailed the club yesterday evening with proof of what happened but quite honestly wasn't any kind of response until tomorrow morning when business opens up again. At 8.54 this morning I get an email from the ticket office apologising for the error, asking what happened and what error messages I received during the process so they could launch an investigation into what happened and that I would be reimbursed ASAP tomorrow morning for the five error purchases.
In general terms maybe nothing more than I should get but not at 8.54 on a Sunday morning so top work to whoever it is at the other end of my email. Thank you.;)

onemansview

My home is Chesterfield but my heart is in Tokyo
To often we hear about the bad things regards customer service anywhere but I thought I'd mention the great customer service by the Club this morning.
Yesterday I went to purchase tickets online for the game. I went through the process to the end but on the final screen the payment button didn't react. As I have a wireless mouse and an old computer I just simply thought it was a problem my end. I clicked again, still no reaction. So I backed out went through the process again. Same result. I backed out again and it went through to Visa/Mastercard end screen to say the transaction had completed and pressed the final button to end but then an error message came up. I emailed the ticket department to see if the purchase had gone though. Six minutes later I had a reply to say that they had no record of a purchase but if I had been charged to let them know. When I got home after the game my wife is doing her nut because there had been six payments that had gone through to ECFC. One of them was obviously where I had bought the tickets at the ground so I emailed the club yesterday evening with proof of what happened but quite honestly wasn't any kind of response until tomorrow morning when business opens up again. At 8.54 this morning I get an email from the ticket office apologising for the error, asking what happened and what error messages I received during the process so they could launch an investigation into what happened and that I would be reimbursed ASAP tomorrow morning for the five error purchases.
In general terms maybe nothing more than I should get but not at 8.54 on a Sunday morning so top work to whoever it is at the other end of my email. Thank you.;)
Same here, I too have had similar issues when trying to order online tickets. I tried ordering a ticket for the Harrogate game but the system would not pass my card after I clicked pay. Same thing happened again when I tried to buy a Scunthorpe ticket Friday. It seems that there may be an issue with old style technology my end too. On both occasions I managed to get through to the ticket office and was able to order over the phone. The staff there are certainly most helpful and friendly and I have had no issues getting my tickets. Will be ordering this way from now on.

fred binneys head

Any time I’ve needed the club to do anything for me they’ve only ever been excellent. Andy Gillard and Mike Cooper are two who give a first class service every time, but there will no doubt be others.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's good shout.Always had excellent service from the club's customer service.We are lucky to have such a capable team at ECFC.

CityTillIDie

Yes agreed always friendly and helpful staff at the club.

Andy_H

Any time I’ve needed the club to do anything for me they’ve only ever been excellent. Andy Gillard and Mike Cooper are two who give a first class service every time, but there will no doubt be others.
Andy has moved on from his previous role at SJP, and is now 'Team Manager' [ i think that's his proper title anyway]. Basically, he's the guy who organises all the team travel etc, plus a whole host of other bit's & pieces related to the general day to day admin for the Teams.

Grecian Max

Andy has moved on from his previous role at SJP, and is now 'Team Manager' [ i think that's his proper title anyway]. Basically, he's the guy who organises all the team travel etc, plus a whole host of other bit's & pieces related to the general day to day admin for the Teams.
I did wonder why he was kitted out in training gear for the club photo - makes sense now 😂

Grecian2K

Good to hear.

There was also this from one of yesterday's "guests" on TFF.
[IMG alt="FGR Stroud"]https://www.thefootballforum.net/data/avatars/m/2/2653.jpg?1488977099[/IMG]
FGR Stroud

JoinedSep 9, 2015Messages1,478Reaction score679Points113LocationGlawcestershireSupportsForest Green Rovers FC

Terrific experience down at Exeter [apart from game].

Exeter v FGR has become both clubs most regular opponents in past few years which has created some wonderful friendships.

The Exeter stewards must be best in league: they are friendly and make the extra effort to say hi to opposition fans that they recognise. Undoubtedly a wonderful welcome to St James Park.

Then the first 50 away fans through turnstiles were given voucher for a free cup of tea/coffee. WOW.

The atmosphere within the stadium was fantastic: the home crowd kept up their vociferous vocal support throughout game. Their drummer did the business.

Please any Exeter supporter pass on the general FGR supporter’s high opinion to club on our visit today.